Bianco Antico, backsplashes and cabinet paint color...

doityourselfgirlMay 11, 2010

I LOVE THIS FORUM!

I have new bianco antico granite counter tops with a 6" backsplash, stainless appliances, a blanco silgranite Black sink and tons of oak cabinets.

So far I have sanded and primed all the cabinet boxes...my cabinet doors are "vacationing" in the garage. I am trying to figure out what color of SW Pro Classic paint I should use for the cabinets...true white almost makes the granite look dingy...I've gotten 3 samples so far.

I've got 12 inches above the granite to do a backsplash....I've been looking at Port Decor "Kick*ss Glass" in Chai or black...

My QUESTION...with bianco antico, what color did you paint your cabinets and what did you use as a backsplash?

(I'll post pics when I get home, our family room kitchen has a whole wall of windows that face south...lots of light)

Thanks in advance for you help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donnakay2009

Here's a photo of our granite, cabinet color and backsplash, facing south. This was taken before we put our little table and chairs back into the breakfast nook. It had been a back porch (house is 80 years old). Our cabinet used a super-white paint, and our painter took some of it to Benjamin Moore to match the trim color. The guys at BM said it was the whitest white they'd ever dealt with. The subway tile came from Home Depot--nothing special, but we wanted old-school tile to match the era of our old house, anyway. Hope it helps! We love our granite!

Bookmark   May 11, 2010 at 3:58PM
beekeeperswife

Yay!!! Another BA-er!!! Woo HOO

I know exactly what you are talking about.

I painted mine BM Cloud White. I chose this one because I knew my oil based paint would yellow slightly, so I planned ahead, so to speak. It seemed a little "white" when I chose it, but it has come into its own slightly creamy color. There was another choice that was slightly creamier on the paint chip, but for the reasons I just mentioned the other one won out.

Here's a picture:

Bookmark   May 11, 2010 at 5:54PM
willis13

My kitchen is not built yet, but my cabinets are also going to be BM cloud white. I looked at other whites, but the creaminess of cloud white won out. Again. My walls are BM revere pewter. I will decide on a backsplash later, so be assured I'll be posting for help later too!!

Bookmark   May 11, 2010 at 10:07PM
srg215

i didn't officially pick my granite yet because my cabs are being installed now, but i'm pretty sure i'm going with BA and revere pewter on the walls. my cabs are ben moore white dove and i love them!

Bookmark   May 11, 2010 at 11:00PM
willis13

My kitchen is not built yet, but my cabinets are also going to be BM cloud white. I looked at other whites, but the creaminess of cloud white won out. Again. My walls are BM revere pewter. I will decide on a backsplash later, so be assured I'll be posting for help later too!!

Bookmark   May 12, 2010 at 1:59AM
mairin

well, my cabs are stained so no help on white paint color from me! But, my walls are BM Revere Pewter (I'm seeing a trend!). This color blended so well with my slabs that there was a drip of it in one spot for over a week after painting because we couldn't see it!!!

Bookmark   May 12, 2010 at 11:10AM
doityourselfgirl

Thanks for all the tips! This weekend I painted all the bottom cabinet bases and the island SW Black Bean...it looks AWESOME...will post pics later. I think I am going to keep the top cabinets SW origami white...I want to lean toward the brown/gray rather than the yellow.

I may put some type of frosted glass in a row of upper cabinet doors.

Now I need to pick the hardware so hubby can drill the holes and I can start priming the drawers and the doors!

I found a great glass backsplash when I stopped into Tile Outlet...I'll find out what the name of it is and let you know.

I can't wait to see BM Revere pewter...I need a color for my walls....decisions, decisions...more later!

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 3:09PM
redroze

DIYGirl - This forum is awesome isn't it??? I can't wait to see photos of your space and Bianco Antico. I never, ever tire of seeing Bianco Antico.

We painted our cabinets Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace. Our backsplash is a colour called Chalk White, and is a handmade ceramic 2x8 subway tile from Ann Sacks.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 8:09PM
byzantine

Oh, I'm so glad I found this thread. This is one of the tile options I've picked out for my remodel. It looks very bit as splendid installed as I imagined! Thank you!

Bookmark   September 27, 2013 at 3:47PM
More Discussions
Is it okay to rave about Executive cabinets?
We have been living in our new house for about 8 months....
david_cary
Lumber Liquidators Exposé on 60 Minutes
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes Exposé on Lumber Liquidators...
The Kitchen Place
Floor for White Kitchen?
Our original plan was wood look tile with white cabinets....
annaw_123
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
36" cabinet for 32" fridge: future proofing or too much compromise?
Hi everyone! Making final decisions for our cabinet...
kiwigem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™