New Here-Hello!

erin_mamaSeptember 12, 2007

Hello all! My family and I are currently living in a 1100sq. foot home, and we love it. In fact, it is a rental that we are going to buy! There are definitely challenges, which is why I was so glad to have found this forum.

~Erin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HomeMaker

Welcome. We are a family of three in 1350 square feet - positively luxurious!

Bookmark   September 12, 2007 at 9:26PM
flgargoyle

Welcome! People in small house seem to be more cheerful, somehow. Maybe because they have to be!

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 8:48AM
erin_mama

Thanks for the welcomes! : )

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 10:43AM
judithva

Welcome, I pop in here every now and then myself. My home is only 940 sq ft. It does have decent size closets so I guess I can't complain there, but I do wish my kitchen was bigger! Holiday cooking is a real challenge then!

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 1:34PM
teresa_nc7

And I wish I had less square footage and bigger closets! My house was built in 1910 and folks just had a lot less stuff then! LOL! I only have one decent closet that is in my bedroom and it was added on years ago. The kitchen pantry is a good size, but not big enough for a person like me that likes to be prepared for anything!

Welcome, Erin!
Teresa

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 5:48PM
lucy

If nothing else, I sure appreciate not having so much cleaning to do - just moved (now on my own!) from a 2500 sq' suburban place to an 1100 sq' (2 storey) 100 yr old house in the country, and apart from the nicely smaller tax, utility and other bills, find it's so easy to take care of!

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 5:59PM
erin_mama

Well we don't have good closets, but we DO have storage area on the sides of the second story where the roof meets the floor. Does that make sense? I don't even know what that space is called!

Also-the kitchen in tiny, which would be OK if it didn't also contain the washer, dryer, water heater, and only door to the back yard. It was built as a summer cabin, so I guess they weren't planning to do much cooking. : )

In the next few years we're planning to do a small kitchen addition and use the current kitchen space for dining. For now, it works (I guess!)

It has been very fun to read through the posts on this forum!

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 8:31PM
mrsmarv

Late to the party (as usual), but I'd like to say...

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 8:58PM
FlowerLady6

Welcome Erin ~ This is a great, fairly new forum. It is nice to visit here and discuss living in our small homes. DH and I live in a 730 sq.ft. 50's cottage. It is a challenge, but it is also nice to have low taxes, heating and cooling bills. Once we get remodeling done, it should be easier to keep clean also. Right now there is stuff everywhere.

FlowerLady

Bookmark   September 15, 2007 at 2:47PM
terri_pacnw

I just found this place last week myself..First posting was today.

Okay the one thing I can say that I love about my small house is I heat the whole thing with a small gas fireplace and "artfully" positioned fans. ;)

And I don't like alot of stuff..so the smaller size suits me as well..makes the few things we do have seem like more. LOL

Bookmark   September 15, 2007 at 5:34PM
More Discussions
Tiny House Forum?
I like this forum- but I sometimes think that we could...
angiepangie
How many square feet is your "small home"
My house is 859sf. It has 3 bedrooms and 1 bath, but...
tlbean2004
knife sharpener help
I need a knife sharpener. I have 1 knife sharp enough...
desertsteph
lavender_lass
So where are you? New house? Still looking?
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Masonite Textured 6-Panel Hollow Core Interior Door
I would like to know if this door would be a very good...
joetoe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™