Painted Ironing Board

jlilyNovember 12, 2006

I finally completed this project. It has been a long time coming. It is the first project in quite awhile so be kind!!I'm making a "apple dress" for my little Raggedy Ann to sit next to it on my bread box.LOL Enjoy! Jlily

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosemarythyme

No one has to be kind when looking at her. She is adorable! CONGRATULATIONS!

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 12:37PM
anjabee

Jlily~ All the Raggedy lovers will be applauding I'm sure. She looks great and will look so neat with your RA doll next to it. You did a wonderful job! ~Anj

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 1:38PM
luvstocraft

Wow! That is so cute all painted up with a Raggedy on it! I just love Raggedys! I have got to get the crack in my wooden ironing board fixed so I can get it painted up too. Your's just looks darling standing against that pretty blue wall. Luvs

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 10:07PM
payd6

wow, awesome job jlily!!

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 10:58PM
jlily

Thank you ladies for the kind words. Yesterday I spent making a new dress and apron for my RA. She sits next to it on my bread box. Now DH can officially say "I am in my second childhood"!! Enjoy!! Jlily

Bookmark   November 13, 2006 at 9:02AM
luvstocraft

Aha! Jlily, my DH has had to tolerate "my 2nd childhood" for a long time. Has had to put up with my wooden cutouts all over the place, the pig collection I had, the bunny items I still have, and now my painted roses on everything--and we won't go into my new passion for totems and BB's in the back yard! Poor guy. LOL He's learned that if it makes me happy, just go with the flow! Ha ha Luvs

Bookmark   November 13, 2006 at 12:52PM
gw:craftylady-2006

Jlily, that is very lovely, I really like the blue/brown background like a sky. Very unique. You give yourself a pat on the back Girl, you did a fantastic job.

Sal

Bookmark   November 13, 2006 at 8:11PM
kathi_mdgd

Nice job,Jlily, I also like your wallpaper border.
Kathi

Bookmark   November 22, 2006 at 3:58PM
jlily

Thank you very much. Are you an "apple nut", too? My kitchen is decorated with apples and Raggedy Ann's, now. LOl I made "apple curtains" to match.I still have thanksgiving company till tomorrow so I am not getting much computer time. BUT, I am getting Granddaughter time and it is the best!! Jlily

Bookmark   November 25, 2006 at 2:31PM
gram_NH

Jlily, that is just the cutest! My DIL collects Raggedys and has just started dabbling in painting. Have sent this thread off to her....I am betting she will have me Flea marketing for an ironing board!

Bookmark   November 28, 2006 at 8:53AM
More Discussions
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™