question for painters here lol

mojojojogrlnjNovember 19, 2006

I bought a van sciver harp coffee table (flat top harps are the sides) I was going to paint a pic on it but Im wondering if that would be to busy on a coffee table...anyway Im wondering if anyone has ever painted a doiley on a table...I thought that would be cute but not sure i guess where to start with the project...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gw:craftylady-2006

Post a pic Mojo, need to see this table.

Sal

Bookmark   November 19, 2006 at 2:44PM
anjabee

I've seen the doilies done somewhere, but never done it myself. It may have been stenciled using an actual paper doily?? I'll have to see if I can figure out where I saw that. I'd like to see a pic of your table too. Sounds neat. ~Anj

Bookmark   November 19, 2006 at 5:12PM
mojojojogrlnj

here is some pics and some monkeying around with some stained glass pieces on it....just so stumped how to do the top I just love this table

Bookmark   November 22, 2006 at 9:09AM
luvstocraft

Mojo, That is such a beautiful table. Love the harp legs--don't think I've ever seen one like it. I have to say that it looks like it would be worth the effort to sand it down and refinish the surface to make it like new again. Wouldn't be that hard to do just a flat surface, and you could probably match the stain with no problem. If you were going to put a pattern either painted or mosaic, I like the idea of a "harp" or at least the curved swirl design of the legs. That would be cool. Whatever you decide, I am sure it will be beautiful. Luvs

Bookmark   November 22, 2006 at 11:19AM
gw:craftylady-2006

Mojo, the table is lovely and the legs make it delicate looking. May I ask, what did you have in mind to paint on the top?

Sal

Bookmark   November 22, 2006 at 5:44PM
colour_me_violet

Mojo
I haven't taken the time to read all the posts to your question at this time. I logged in because I came across this book on the Artists Club site and thought it may be of help if you are interested.

Beginner's Guide to Lace Painting
by Patricia Rawlinson

Hope this may be of some help.

Bookmark   November 27, 2006 at 9:44PM
More Discussions
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™