letters under glass blobs

louisianagirlMarch 10, 2010

I once saw a mosaic that had letters under glass blobs that spelled out a name. Has anyone ever done this? What type of glue would you use so that the glue would be invisible and allow the letter to be seen underneath? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silvamae

I have done this with both fabric and paper, using Weldbond and MAC glue, and no problems. Cover the back of the glob completely with glue, press firmly onto whatever you are gluing it to, hold for a minute to let it set up, let it completely dry before mosaicing. I admit I was worried about when I grouted, afraid it would stain or something, but it worked very well!!

Bookmark   March 10, 2010 at 3:37PM
wackyweeder

Peeps who do collage recommend e-6000 very highly for photos under blobs, I guess it is photo safe from what the packaging says.

Bookmark   March 10, 2010 at 6:51PM
nanatricia

I have done this the same as Silvmae You can also use decpodge glueit works good.

Bookmark   March 10, 2010 at 8:56PM
texaswild

I use Mod Podge on the glass blog, and on the paper after it's glued on - a couple coats. When I used plain sheet glass - as on "Shelby's Marker", I also put another sheet of glass over the back, then used GE II to seal around the edges, since that is an outside project.

Bookmark   March 11, 2010 at 9:06AM
nanatricia

Thanks slow could not think .I use mod podge also.

Bookmark   March 11, 2010 at 9:17PM
silvamae

I don't know why I had some kind of mental block when I answered this post before. I have used Mod Podge myself and it's probably your best bet. Actually I have used Mod Podge on many things and it is tough and permanent.

Bookmark   March 12, 2010 at 12:09PM
More Discussions
bees
did I share this here? Yggdrasil and the Divine Intoxicant...
nicethyme
Gold Kinky Boots
Now I'm blinging out the master bath. My poor hubby...
brokenbitmosaics
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™