Welcome Door Sign

oceannaNovember 23, 2007

The biggest challenge on this piece was figuring out how to space the black and white stripes evenly because they radiate from the center. I had to scratch my head over that one until it finally came to me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gail1055

Wow...what a good job and the stripes look great. What an interesting piece. I've never seen anything like it before. Where did you find it? Gail

Bookmark   November 23, 2007 at 9:42AM
anjabee

Wowza!! That is sweet! You did do a wonderful job on the stripes. Now is that center plaque separate?? If not it sure looks like tin. YOur flowers all look gorgeous! Beautiful Beautiful piece! ~Anj

Bookmark   November 23, 2007 at 10:40AM
luvstocraft

Really pretty sign and great job on the stripes. I love the little welcome sign in the middle too. Luvs

Bookmark   November 23, 2007 at 12:16PM
oceanna

Thanks so much everybody! :-)

The original piece was just a plain flat unfinished wooden plaque I purchased from Michaels.

Everything else you see there I painted on it. There is no extra piece of tin on it; that's just trompe l'oel -- just shading around the "tin" part. The stripes were to make it a little "Mackenzie Childs." I love their stuff.

Bookmark   November 23, 2007 at 7:52PM
oceanna

Oh, Gail -- are you asking me if there was a pattern for this? No, there is no pattern; this was my creation. I like to do my own thing, but I do research other pieces for inspiration.

Bookmark   November 23, 2007 at 8:09PM
More Discussions
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™