Stacking Front Load Washer/Dryer

the_adamsSeptember 14, 2006

I have a Kenmore front load washer/dryer set that I am contemplating purchasing the stacking kit for. Has anyone done this?

I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge in reference to the technical terms:

If so, how do you handle the exhaust duct work (the foil looking tubing)? Do you have to put a new hole in the wall or can you just get a longer duct tubing?

Also, what is your experience with stacking your front load washer and dryer? I am a little skeptical because the washer has a super fast spin cycle. The washer and dryer are on my 2nd floor and it causes such vibrations that items in the adjoining bathroom fall off their shelves! I wonder how the dryer would take this abuse?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emagineer

adams,

I have a 6 year old Kenmore FL/Stacking. They have never been stacked until downsizing this spring with my move. There is a part you need to order, it runs around $25. My son is really good at this stuff and decided not to even buy the part. Am not sure how he figured this out, but works fine. They have been stacked for 6 mos and wish I'd done this years ago...it is so much easier to do laundry.

Also, the spinning is fast, but it sounds like the washer may need to be balanced by adjusting the feet. Stacking hasn't been a problem with this, but have had it too when separated if not balanced.

Bookmark   September 15, 2006 at 6:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lorinscott_1

When we renovated a couple years ago, we decided to put in a stacked unit....we got a Maytag Neptune. DH had to open the wall and fur out the studs so he could put a 4" vent pipe in and that rectangular metal unit that collects the excess heating tube and reduces the area taken up by it....in other words, helps your stacker fit snugly against the wall.

Here is a link that might be useful: dryerbox

Bookmark   September 16, 2006 at 3:07AM
More Discussions
Is anyone else having trouble getting on this new Houzz site???
If you're having trouble (which I did) use your email...
lavender_lass
ML - your new kitchen (or DR?) light fixture
I think I just saw one like it... somewhat anyway....
desertsteph
It's Thursday....right? Let's have tea :)
Another Thursday (had to check the calendar to make...
lavender_lass
Please, please show me your tiny bathroom
I would really like to see anything in the 30 square...
movinginva
Let's have tea!!! :)
I do not know if there's a Conversations side or not....but...
lavender_lass
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™