Favorite Glue for Crafts

DoryOctober 29, 2001

What brand/type of glue do you like to use when crafting. I have been making some wreaths with dried apples and oranges and small wooden items such as gingerbread men. I have been using my glue gun. I just am not sure if it will hold for a long time to come.

Thanks!!

Dory

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tntia_hotmail_com

Hi Dory,
My fav is E600 it seems to never fail and works on everything. Good luck

Bookmark   October 30, 2001 at 2:01AM
frannie2_prodigy_net

I also use E6000 (great stuff) - especially for hard to glue surfaces such as glass, mirrors, metal, terra cotta, etc. or for heavier projects that require extra hold. I use Aleene's Tacky & Designer Tacky Glue for smaller wood projects and other surfaces, both indoor and out, both porous and non-porous. It's never failed me either.

If you are gluing 2 porous surfaces together you probably won't experience a problem. It's when you're gluing a porous surface to a non-porous surface or 2 non-porous surfaces together is where you usually experience problems with hot glue.

Bookmark   October 30, 2001 at 11:34AM
Kelli

My friend does florals, wreaths, etc, and she just bought a hot glue pot for dipping things in. It is a great idea, she buys glue chunks to melt in the pot. Works much faster than a gun.

Bookmark   October 30, 2001 at 11:50AM
MryRose

For Florals I use a glue gun, for most other projects I also use E6000... it's the best stuff!

Paint Drop Hugs!
MaryRose

Bookmark   October 31, 2001 at 9:43PM
terracotta

I use the glue gun for wreaths, e6000 for jewelry and Aleene's tacky for glass and wood. I really like Aleene's as it dries clear and really adheres-plus no smell to deal with as E6000 can make you woosy if you're in an enclosed space and heaven knows I'm light headed enough most of the time ..esp. this time of the year.

Bookmark   October 31, 2001 at 10:57PM
DAIRYLNDNM_AOL_COM

Please Be Careful with E6000. It works very well but I damaged my lungs......didn't realize how much time passed while I used it in a closed in area.......only a couple of hours. That evening my lungs felt like they were on fire and I was very short of breath. I sure would like to be able to use it again but I am afraid of it. I realized what had been happening to make me feel that way, fortunately.

Bookmark   November 1, 2001 at 10:03PM
Okla_gal

someone posted a site that told what glue was best for each project, but I can't find it. someone help please.

Bookmark   November 8, 2001 at 1:09AM
sumrtyme

Okla-gal, the site is listed below.
hth
Sumr

Here is a link that might be useful: thistothat

Bookmark   November 8, 2001 at 8:12PM
Vikki_W

What a really neat site....so clever of someone to come up with this.....very helpful!! Thanks for posting it

Vikki~~

Bookmark   November 9, 2001 at 1:48AM
More Discussions
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
A Few of My Things
I don't remember what I've posted but thought I'd share...
phonegirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™