I painted yesterday!

luvstocraftOctober 22, 2006

Customer at the little store where I work wanted to buy three very rustic tool box type boxes. All three are whitewashed, but one had simple roses painted on the side. She wanted roses on all three--so my boss asked me if I would paint them.

I worked on them yesterday--really rough wood so not easy to do One Stroke roses on them. She wanted some red roses but those are really hard to get contrast--white makes it pink, and black is too dominant. I used two shades of red, then went back and put some hilites on with white afterwards. Guess it is okay. The other box I just did with pink roses and a vine.

I'll take a couple of pics and post them later. Hope she likes them, first time I have done a "by request" project.

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosemarythyme

can't wait to see the photos!

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 1:59PM
diarich

It's not easy on rough wood. I can't wait to see.

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 8:27PM
gw:craftylady-2006

Ohhhh Luvs, how fantastic for you to be "commissioned" to do a painting job. You must feel really proud - heck, I feel proud for you. Posts those pics gal, you know we HAVE to see them.

Sal

Bookmark   October 24, 2006 at 3:31AM
anjabee

Luvs, how did I miss this? Judging from your other pics, I'm sure there is no way she wouldn't like your One Stroke. It's always nerve wracking painting for other people though, isn't it? Can't wait to see the pics. I hope you are getting paid extra for that! ;) ~Anj

Bookmark   October 24, 2006 at 1:26PM
luvstocraft

This one isn't a big deal--just a way to save the sale for my boss. Customer said she would buy all three if they had roses on them. (Only one did) Boss asked me if I would paint them for her--so I said okay. I'd rather sell things I've already made--don't like to do "custom" work. Ha ha I posted pics over on the gallery. luvs

Bookmark   October 24, 2006 at 11:52PM
More Discussions
New Free Pattern
Renee Mullins has a new free pattern to download at...
anjabee
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucillle
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™