Decorative paintings on mirrors

CraisinOctober 27, 2001

I have been asked by my niece to paint some dragonflies, etc. on a mirror for her but I don't know what type of paint I should use, could anyone give me some advice for this project, please....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AKTarango_prodigy_net

Hi
You could use glass and tile medium, then let dry 24 hours and paint with your regular craft paints. I think the glass and tile med. gives a frosted look. Don't remember to well. So paint only on the area you will put your design on:)

hope this helps,
Karen:)
OSCI

Bookmark   October 27, 2001 at 10:00AM
frannie2_prodigy_net

Other than regular acrylic you can also use one of the acrylic enamels available such as Delta PermEnamels, Plaid's Apple Barrel Gloss Enamels or DecoArt's Ultra Gloss Acrylic Enamels. They're great on glass. I prefer the latter 2 because there is no prep or finish required. The Delta brand has 3 steps.

Bookmark   October 27, 2001 at 11:38AM
Nadege

I am also thinking in painting some designs, may be flowers on a large bathroom 9 years old mirror, that somehow at the bottom has grey large spots that is not a mirror anymore in these spots, the solution would be to replace the mirror but it would be costy....so I was thinking to paint some decorative designs on it, what do you think? Has anybody done that? what paint should I use? any other recommendations?
THANK YOU

Bookmark   December 20, 2001 at 11:58AM
More Discussions
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™