? for Sloe or anyone

nanatriciaMarch 15, 2009

I am doing a heart that will go in a side walk.The owner put a hole in the side walk this for it .I did it on hardy board (cem) .Should I grout it be fore I put it in the hole or wate and do it after I put it in.I am going to have to put filler in the bottem to make leavel with the side walk.I am consearn about my body ( have fib and Lupes ) I will do what is best .I am doing this for the flower shop I used to work at so I want it to look good .

Also what sealer should I use the side walk is pretty high it will just be run off.It is in the middle as you walk up the steps.Thanks every one By the way I am not a good speller I am sorry.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

I, too, find it hard to work down on hands/knees these days, and if I were doing the project, I'd grout the heart first. Then, you can fill in around it after it is placed in the spot. Sounds like a fun project. Now I wish I had a hole in my front walk. Think I said the same thing when JOYY was filling holes in hers. You don't need to seal it cuz I assume you're using thinset, and I recommend you use the same thing for grout. It's concrete, like your sidewalk. Be sure and spritz the sidewalk w/water b/f setting it all in. Also, Google to see if there isn't something that w/make a good bond between old and new concrete. Seems I've read that it's necessary, but if I were doing it, I'd just spritz w/water. Then later, if it separates, put more thinset in the cracks. I experiment w/everything - totally self taught w/no fears.

Bookmark   March 15, 2009 at 2:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flagtruck

I couldn't have said it any better than Slow, I agree with her that you should use thinset for grout and the only thing I don't agree with is sealing it. I seal everything.
The thing about wetting the concrete prior to filling in around this is a good idea. Good luck and post pics. I am sure it is beautiful

Bookmark   March 15, 2009 at 4:22PM
More Discussions
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
Gold Kinky Boots
Now I'm blinging out the master bath. My poor hubby...
brokenbitmosaics
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™