? for Sloe or anyone

nanatriciaMarch 15, 2009

I am doing a heart that will go in a side walk.The owner put a hole in the side walk this for it .I did it on hardy board (cem) .Should I grout it be fore I put it in the hole or wate and do it after I put it in.I am going to have to put filler in the bottem to make leavel with the side walk.I am consearn about my body ( have fib and Lupes ) I will do what is best .I am doing this for the flower shop I used to work at so I want it to look good .

Also what sealer should I use the side walk is pretty high it will just be run off.It is in the middle as you walk up the steps.Thanks every one By the way I am not a good speller I am sorry.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

I, too, find it hard to work down on hands/knees these days, and if I were doing the project, I'd grout the heart first. Then, you can fill in around it after it is placed in the spot. Sounds like a fun project. Now I wish I had a hole in my front walk. Think I said the same thing when JOYY was filling holes in hers. You don't need to seal it cuz I assume you're using thinset, and I recommend you use the same thing for grout. It's concrete, like your sidewalk. Be sure and spritz the sidewalk w/water b/f setting it all in. Also, Google to see if there isn't something that w/make a good bond between old and new concrete. Seems I've read that it's necessary, but if I were doing it, I'd just spritz w/water. Then later, if it separates, put more thinset in the cracks. I experiment w/everything - totally self taught w/no fears.

Bookmark   March 15, 2009 at 2:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flagtruck

I couldn't have said it any better than Slow, I agree with her that you should use thinset for grout and the only thing I don't agree with is sealing it. I seal everything.
The thing about wetting the concrete prior to filling in around this is a good idea. Good luck and post pics. I am sure it is beautiful

Bookmark   March 15, 2009 at 4:22PM
More Discussions
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
bicem
Hi, bicem, you posted a mosaic question on the "conversation"...
silvamae
What sort of grout for a birdbath?
I've mosaiced lots of stuff that lives outside but...
1wanderer
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
acrylic sheet
Hello all I have dabbled in other media like oil and...
bicem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™