Anyone stencil?

Norma_MNOctober 7, 2002

I know it's far from being a new craft, but I'm trying it for the first time. Any pointers?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nadastimer

Practice first on a piece of paper or something. I remember seeing others doing it and thinking it just had to be soooo simple. The first time I tried to stencil, I made a mess. Nothing came out perfect and I had paint in places it wasn't supposed to be. Last year I tried again and things worked out pretty good. I think that it helped that I had been painting and crafting since the first time and learned something about paint and brushes and patience! Just don't expect it to be a breeze all the time. Sometimes it takes a while and it won't be perfect. Just step back and see if it's noticeable, though before getting all upset! Good luck.

~Leslie~

Bookmark   October 9, 2002 at 9:04AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marcia Thornley

Most people stenciling for the first time tend to use too much paint. Load your brush and pounce off excess paint on several layers of paper towel. Your brush should seem almost dry. Blot until you think you've taken off enough paint and then blot again. It is easier to add more colour to your project than to remove! Have fun!!!

Bookmark   October 22, 2002 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
New Free Pattern
Renee Mullins has a new free pattern to download at...
anjabee
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucillle
Sponsored Products
Fanimation | Zonix Outdoor Ceiling Fan
$319.00 | YLighting
Colonial Mills Simply Home Solid Storage Basket - 18 diam. x 12 in. - H015A018X0
$82.99 | Hayneedle
Low Voltage Bendable 204 Track Head by WAC Lighting
$54.00 | Lumens
Queen Bee Rug
$169.99 | Dot & Bo
Spice Tifton Twintex Hammock
Fifthroom.com
Eleven Chestertown Buff Rectangular: 2 Ft. x 3 Ft. Canvas Rug
$216.95 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™