new pics of glasshouse

raforSeptember 22, 2010

For those that are interested I just posted some new progress pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: progress pics

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mama goose_gw zn6OH

That is so cool!! Years ago in COUNTRY LIVING magazine, I saw a greenhouse constructed of old windows, and always thought it would be a great project. A vintage stained-glass piece would be perfect above the door.

Bookmark   September 22, 2010 at 1:20PM
wi-sailorgirl

Oh my gosh ... that's the coolest thing ever! Tell us more, please!

Bookmark   September 22, 2010 at 1:39PM
Moccasin

Way cool there, Rafor!
computer hanging up. gotta do something. back later.

Bookmark   September 23, 2010 at 1:03AM
young-gardener

Wow, that's stunning! I've always wanted a glass house in our yard. I'll live through you now. :) I can't wait to see it all decked out.

Bookmark   September 23, 2010 at 7:26AM
Moccasin

Hey, young gardener, glad you are still among us. It is a neat concept, isn't it?

I saw a couple of greenhouses behind a used door/window store here in Mobile. I became a regular at Mr. Marcell Corlett's place, and over the years until he was ravaged by Altzheimers, we discussed the structures he put up. He had the windows and glass doors, so he used them. And, he said it was easy to ventilate....just raise a window. Only one of them was used for a while as a plant shelter, because his wife was desperately ill as well. But the whole scene was fascinating to walk through. Toward the end, it was really a hazard to walk through the assortments of used items leaned everywhere, and I stopped venturing out there. But I replaced every door in MoccsinLanding, my bayou cottage, with doors from Mr. Corlett. He also let me buy at a real discount most of the shutters which were taken out of houses. I still love shutters, and they pair nicely with old windows. If you run across some very tall exterior cypress shutters, they would be a suitable embellishment for your glass house.

Once upon a time, I clipped magazines and had a huge collection of shutters and their uses. But sadly that turned to muddy mush during Katrina, as so many of my things did. Now I lay not treasures upon paper folders, but either scan them or photograph them for my computer files.
But still I have a passion for shutters.

Bookmark   September 23, 2010 at 11:37AM
More Discussions
ML - your new kitchen (or DR?) light fixture
I think I just saw one like it... somewhat anyway....
desertsteph
Getting older and keeping up
Just reading Stephs recent post about getting help...
kitykat
It's Thursday....right? Let's have tea :)
Another Thursday (had to check the calendar to make...
lavender_lass
This "makeover" is too bad to continue with. Too bad.....
" I agree with Paul8511 "going elsewhere...
pyreneesparent
upper shelves in kitchen
Ok I am having someone make me some upper shelves in...
agmss15
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™