Sneak peek

luvstocraftSeptember 26, 2010

Thought I'd give you a sneek peek at the project I've been working on today. It's a cute little witch with a kitty and a frog. Except she's not so little, 35 inches from the tip of her hat to the bottom of her boots!

Little bit of a challenge to get cut out on my scroll saw, but I did it! LOL

Wondering about those boots???? The pattern calls for red glitter on them!

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pezabelle

Luvs......Can't wait to see her finished! She's almost 3 feet tall, how ever did you cut her out?

It's hard to tell what her shoes should look like without the rest of her painted. Does she have glitter anywhere else? Like the hat band or the little frog? Is she going to be really funky or more serious?

So hurry up already!

Belle

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 11:33AM
luvstocraft

LOL I've been painting on her off and on today. She's going to be a "cute" little witch, not a scary one.

Thought it was kind of neat that she will have orangish/red hair and her cat is not black!

Had bought a couple of old craft magazines at our little library used book store, didn't find much in them that I liked, except for this sweet little witch which I just knew I had to paint! ;o)

The pattern was small, said to enlarge 410%. I thought maybe I should take it to Kinko's, then decided to just look at the picture and draw my own. So far it hasn't been too hard. I still think big things are easier to paint than little things!

Belle, this board I'm using is a really heavy piece that DH had left over from making some shelves. I knew it would be a challenge to cut on my scroll saw and I'm not very good at using a jig saw. I just cut from the edges into the line in several places all the way around her, then I could just cut short sections instead of having to try to cut all the way around her.

Luvs

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 12:59AM
pezabelle

Luvs....looks like you did a very good job of enlarging her. I am lucky enough to have a copy machine, one friend gave it to another who didn't want it and gave it to me....whew! It is really big but works beautifully.

I found the pattern I was looking for, it's an 09 Q&E pattern, so maybe today I will get started on it, sure hope so!

Belle

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 12:33PM
phonegirl

Luvs, how's little witchy poo coming along? Must be time for an update, huh?

Punk

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 11:03PM
luvstocraft

Belle, we have a couple of copy machines around here too, but for something this big, it might use up allot of my ink, and would have to be done in several pages to line up and tape together to get the whole thing.

Punk, I'm working on the kitty and the hair now, shouldn't take too much longer to get it finished.

Luvs

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 11:23AM
anjabee

Excited to see the finished project!!

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 3:50PM
luvstocraft

Here's the finished little witch. I love that she has a happy face and red hair. And thought she was kinda unique because her kitty isn't black.

I took her outside for her photo shoot, but she didn't look very Halloweenish with my roses in the background like this.

So I took her over to my neighbor's house. I think the peach background is much better.

I plan to get some cornstalks and pumpkins to go with her and set her by my front door.

Luvs

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 10:10PM
sunnyca_gw

She's really darling with that red hair & cute face, Better drill a small hole in her & wire her onto something so she doesn't walk off. Kitty is sweet too & nice boots!! It's the hair & face that I adore!! Jan

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 10:44PM
luvstocraft

Thanks, Jan, I think the hair and face were what attracted me to her as well. I have to confess however that I took some "artistic license" on the hair. Just couldn't get it to look exactly like the pattern so did it "my way". LOL

The pattern also called for red glitter boots, but I didn't like the red after I had painted on the basecoat, so again I changed it. I used some of the fine MS black glitter and it is much easier to work with than other glitter I've used. However, I need to learn how to sprinkle on just a little instead of ending up covering the whole thing! LOL

I just think she will be a fun addition to my decorations. I like having things out front that will make the little Trick or Treaters smile.

Luvs

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 10:53PM
Purplemoon

Luvs, she is just wonderful. Doing her 'your way' looks pretty perfect to me.

Oh, I read a tip quite awhile back that putting glitter in a little salt shaker makes it easy to use! I haven't tried it yet but plan to.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   October 2, 2010 at 4:56AM
anjabee

I found her! ha She is absolutely adorable!! I love her fun wand! And of course the frog and the kitty! So cute!! Glad you got her finished to share just in time for Halloween! =D

Bookmark   October 4, 2010 at 11:38AM
pezabelle

Luvs........she is perfect!!! I like everything about her and her friends, especially how you not only made the painting your own but how you also enlarged her by hand. You did good Girl!

Thanks for sharing and bringing a smile on this dreary Monday morning.

Belle

Bookmark   October 4, 2010 at 12:02PM
luvstocraft

Glad you gals liked her. She was a fun project, and I'm sure I'll enjoy sitting her out for years. DH really liked her too, and didn't think I should put her outside. I told him that's what I made her for and I've not had anything stolen in all these years. Thought it was nice he wanted to "protect" it. LOL

Bookmark   October 4, 2010 at 2:37PM
franksmom_2010

Oh my gosh! How cute is that?!! And very neat that she's so large. That's going to look fabulous with some pumpkins!

Bookmark   October 5, 2010 at 7:56PM
luvstocraft

Thanks, Franksmom, I'm glad you liked her. I still haven't gone to get my cornstalks, but I did sit her beside my front door with some foliage and a pumpkin. Luvs

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 12:40AM
calirose

Really adorable! I like having some fun and delightful instead of all scary.

Bookmark   October 9, 2010 at 11:16AM
heartsandcrafts

Luvs - you did a great job on your happy witch! I made her a couple of years ago and did do the red glitter on the shoes because I'm a big Wizard of Oz fan. I used the Martha Stewart glitter because I wanted a smaller type than the basic crafting glitter my Michaels store carries. After putting it on I sealed it with clear nail polish. It sucked up a lot of nail polish but it helped keep the glitter from coming off and also kept the glitter shiny. Your kitty is absolutely adorable! I love it's little smile and the way it's looking up. Again, great job!

Bookmark   October 10, 2010 at 6:03AM
luvstocraft

Hearts, that is great! I'd love to see your's too. You probably were able to do the hair like the pattern too. I just wasn't getting it right, so did my own thing and I like it! LOL

I'd say the 25 cents for that old craft magazine was a good investment just for this one pattern--wasn't much else I liked in it, but this one got me excited. LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   October 10, 2010 at 10:08AM
More Discussions
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Sponsored Products
Coastal Insulated 20-Oz. Cup Set
$18.99 | zulily
Fox Sneak Attack Mug
$9.99 | zulily
'Sneak Peek' Frame
$11.99 | zulily
Breville Lift and Look Touch Toaster
$79.95 | FRONTGATE
Banana 4-Oz. Flask
$13.99 | zulily