Hanging Stained Glass Windows

culateru2March 14, 2011

Hi, I am a newbie here and to the mosaic world. I have done a couple gog using the old windows, but I have a question on how to hang it the best way. Not sure what hooks/chain to use. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

When I had the empty old windows hanging on my patio I bought eye hooks at Lowes. One for the patio rafter and one for the window. Open the links on the chain and put it through the eye hooks and close the link - simple. Hope you'll show us pictures.

Bookmark   March 15, 2011 at 10:17AM
culateru2

Thanks..I wasnt sure if opening up the links would weaken them. I thought I would have to use eye hooks with the s hooks. I am having trouble with the weldbond drying so it might take a while to show some pics. I am trying to stay away from toxic stuff, so maybe Mac Glue? suggestions?

Bookmark   March 15, 2011 at 3:34PM
texaswild

IMO Weldbond is the least toxic glue you can use. That's why most mosaicists use it. However, it isn't for outside use. I haven't used Mac Glue, but I know many artists highly recommend it.

Bookmark   March 16, 2011 at 8:09AM
phish_gw

heavy I thought the hanging window would be. They picked the chain size based on that

Bookmark   March 16, 2011 at 2:18PM
More Discussions
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
Outdoor Thermometer
Did this to go on our porch next to the kitchen door....
brokenbitmosaics
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™