Reversible Fall/Halloween Pumpkin

anjabeeSeptember 9, 2011

For some reason it is not letting me post in the Gallery. Anyway, I bought this poor neglected pumpkin at the TS. It was all beat, banged and scratched up so I totally repainted it and added a little bling to it. Also painted the back so it can be left out throughout fall and not just for Halloween. The reverse side is a Renee Mullins pattern. For some reason I was having problems with this one. Still not happy with it, but it's finished at last. Hope you like it. ~Anj

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Anj, beautiful job repainting this pumpkin. You come up with the cutest sayings for your projects! The fall side is perfect and will be great after Halloween.

Punk

Bookmark   September 9, 2011 at 9:03PM
marylee_2010

I love your pumpkins. You did a wonderful job. Like the idea of painting the back. I am going to start doing that. Thanks for sharing.

Marylee

Bookmark   September 10, 2011 at 8:05AM
pezabelle

Anj....what is there to be unhappy about....both sides are super! I like flying monkeys and it is a quick reminder of my all time favorite movie.

And your "primitive" is beautiful, your shading and highlights and your floats (I hate floating) are so well done...everything is happy to my eye.

Belle

Bookmark   September 10, 2011 at 11:43AM
luvstocraft

You did a great job of "blinging" it up! I like the glitter. The little candy corns on the wire are a great addition too! As for the other side, you know I love Renee Mullins designs and you certainly painted that one so nicely. I love the idea of using both sides as well, twice the pleasure and half the storage space, right? ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   September 10, 2011 at 12:20PM
anjabee

Thanks everyone! If you only knew the fits I was having with those dang pumpkins and that house! Who can't paint a straight line??? ME!! lol Glad y'all liked it. The words were already on this one, just had to paint over it all and I could see the faint outline underneath so I redid the lettering as close as I could to the original. =) Yes, Luvs! Exactly! I hope the boutique buyers have the same thoughts! lol ~Anj

Bookmark   September 10, 2011 at 8:53PM
kraftymom

I think you did a wonderful job, love it!

Bookmark   September 10, 2011 at 10:53PM
calirose

Really a terrific job! Anj, don't you ever worry about those straight lines. I think that it looks great. (And a stiff line would interrupt the flow). Like the 2 for 1 idea!

Bookmark   September 12, 2011 at 1:34PM
More Discussions
A Few of My Things
I don't remember what I've posted but thought I'd share...
phonegirl
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
Sponsored Products
Fall Breeze Giclee Glow Black Bronze Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
DreamLine 60x32 SlimLine Single Threshold Shower Base
Overstock.com
Hammary Primo Drawer End Table
Beyond Stores
Animation Outdoor Pillow
$349.00 | FRONTGATE
Laura Ashley Rowland Sage 3-piece Quilt Set
Overstock.com