Taking a Break

pezabelleSeptember 24, 2010

Since my favorite season where color is concerned, I took a break from all of those birds and butterflies and did this simple project.. It's nice getting back to the things in my comfort zone.

This was one of MJ Tuttles, I am also going to do a set with Noel and USA.

Belle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Those turned out really nice, Belle. I don't mind at all if you stay in your "comfort zone". LOL Have you started decorating for Fall in your home? I need to pull all my bins out and get busy, just haven't been in the mood yet. Maybe more projects like these will get me motivated! ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   September 24, 2010 at 9:52PM
pezabelle

Luvs...TY! comfort zone sure keeps one warm and cozy!

I have 5 bouquets (silk) of fall mums etc., around the house and a few non Halloween Pumpkins scattered around. I also brought out several fall colored candles to help warm the rainy days.

Our real leaves are just now starting to fall, but are not changing color yet, which is really late for us. Our fall colors are really specticular - but usually better than this. And by now we usually have had several weeks of frosy morning...no frost at all.

Belle

Bookmark   September 24, 2010 at 10:09PM
paintingfool

Those are great, Belle. I guess I should decorate for fall but it is still in the 90's here. I only put out a wreath and scare crow cypress knees. Tried the real pumpkins one year but someone stole them off the front porch. And I brought them all the way back from Pennsylvania, they were big and heavy - I really hoped whoever stole them got a hernia when lifting those things.
B

Bookmark   September 24, 2010 at 10:22PM
pezabelle

Bebe....when we lived in Calif., I found it really hard to decorate for anything but spring. Fall just meant you took a sweather when you went out and winter...wait a minute...what winter? So, I totally understand about decorating.

And your pumpkin saga...how funny! Here, pumpkin hurling at mailboxes is a big thrill for some. We replaced mailboxes for 4 years and finally built a house around ours and the other 8, since then no more pumpkins. Guess we took the thrill out of the hurling.

Enjoy your weather! We keep getting rain!

Belle

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 2:57PM
phonegirl

Adorable Belle, you do such nice work and they look like real wood lettering. Can hardly wait to see your Noel and USA when you get them painted.

Punk

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 10:53PM
anjabee

Very cute!! I haven't started decorating yet either. Trying to get the walls painted first. The trim has slowed me down quite a lot. Hope to get it done by next week though. Maybe. ha

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 3:53PM
pezabelle

Punk and Anj...TY! DH cut out the heart over a year ago, and they sat there looking at me with a "what are you waiting for attitude," so I finally got out the patterns and away we go.

Belle

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 11:17AM
anjabee

Belle...I got quite a few of those projects staring at me. I wish they'd shut up! ha ~Anj

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 1:26PM
More Discussions
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
Latest project
A new friend from church wanted to get back into painting...
luvstocraft
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
Sponsored Products
Dimond Lighting Andover Chrome & Black Three-Light Buffet Lamp
$370.00 | LuxeDecor
Pendant Lighting Wooden Weave Bird Nest Home Lamps
ParrotUncle
Outdoor Patio 49" 63" round mosaic stone marble Dining table - IMHOTEP
Living'ROC
Bensen Index Hi Shelving Unit
$1,892.00 | Viesso
Oversized Metallic Four-Tier Corner Shelf with Liners
$349.00 | FRONTGATE
Verus Sports Chuck-A-Ball Ladderball Set - TG100BAG
$27.99 | Hayneedle
Dimond Lighting Orion Cream Table Lamp
$298.00 | LuxeDecor
Sterling Vista Pivot II 1500D-48S 48W x 65.5H in. Pebbled Glass Shower Door Mult
$629.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™