Have You Ordered A Quilt From Pottery Barn?

carolfmJuly 20, 2012

I'm lookin at the pick stitch quilt in ivory and wondered about the sizing and quality of their quilts. Also, if you have ordered their ivory color does it have a yellow cast or is it more off white? Restoration Hardwares bedding is oversized and good quality but I haven't ordered bedding from Pottery Barn before. Any information would be appreciated!

Carol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
61tinkerbell

I purchased on a few years ago and I was very happy with the quality. The one I bought, had ivory in it, and it was more off white - hope that helps!

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 9:19PM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

Find out what the dimensions are to be sure. All the bedding I have bought from them, quilts, duvets, etc. has been excellent quality.

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 9:45PM
Fun2BHere

The dimensions are listed on the second tab on the item's page at the web site. I would say their quilts are standard, not oversized at all. I can't speak to the color as the quilt I bought was a patterned fabric.

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 9:50PM
chispa

I bought a PB quilt about 5 years ago. It is just the right size for a king bed and good quality and feel. Last year I wanted a change and bought a new PB quilt. The quality has really decreased in the last 5 years. The new quilt was much thinner and flimsy, but worst of all the king size was way too small, much smaller than the old quilt. I returned the new quilt and have been looking ever since. Arrrrrgh!

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 1:42AM
riff3

While the quality is fine, the size isn't always large enough - check the measurements. If you have a pillowtop/thick mattress, it may not hang over long enough on the sides. The duvet cover I bought at Target was bigger than the one I bought at PB if you can believe that!

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 8:45AM
andrewkillian

We love ours. Excellent quality!

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 9:34AM
jan_in_wisconsin

Great quality here too, although I purchased mine five years ago.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 9:35AM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

I require a 108" width minimum for king quilts. Most aren't that wide.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 9:48AM
kswl2

DD bought the matine toile quilt in red about three years ago and it has held up very well. It's used daily and has been laundered regularly.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 9:52AM
porkandham

I have that quilt, and the quality is good as is the size. It hangs down several inches past the mattress, but I don't have one of those crazy big mattresses. I'm pretty sure mine is the white. It's more of a creamy white/off white vs. a stark white. I imagine the ivory would have more yellow in it. I bought mine in the store, so you might be able to check the color there.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 9:54AM
carolfm

I do have one of those "crazy big mattresses" :-). That was why I was concerned! I think the queen will be too small and the kind too big according to the sizes listed. I thought to save money by ordering the Pottery Barn quilt(nearly a hundred dollars with quilt and shams)vs the Restoration Hardware quilt that has a more generous size. Does anyone have suggestions for where I might find an oversize ivory quilt with decent quality that is a bit less expensive than RH? Thank you for all your feedback!

Carol

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 12:11PM
More Discussions
Speaking of food...Sacher Torte
I recently found out my son's favorite dessert is Sacher...
Javachik
Photoshop Help with my exterior remodel!
Help! I want to remodel the exterior of my house. I...
fst96se
Have you used BM Etiquette?
I need to repaint my master bath. I'm considering...
sreedesq
Custom Vanity Expected pricing
What would you expect to budget for a custom vanity...
palimpsest
Sponsored Products
Brass Hand Ring Holder
$128.00 | Horchow
Hearth Braided Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Trans Globe Lighting Classical White Three-Light Outdoor Post Light
$283.10 | LuxeDecor
Campania International Autumn Chipmunk Cast Stone Garden Statue - A-350-AL
$34.99 | Hayneedle
Radcliffe Coffee Table - WHITE
$2,199.00 | Horchow