To Pezabelle

kraftymomSeptember 21, 2008

I don't know what kinds of themes you like to paint but I have at least 1 extra of a book. If you would like to have it I would gladly send it to you. It's "Cobblestone Designs...Memories of Olde Cape Cod" by Charlene Barlow. She does nautical, sort of salt box primitive like John Sliney. In fact they have both collaborated on books. Let me know and I can arrange to send it. :-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pezabelle

Thank you for the great offer, I checked out the book and it is really great but I tend to paint more ? I like the holidays especially Halloween and chickens. Some of my favorites are Tuttles Touches, Gaye Shoell and Sue Scheewe among lots of others. I also paint a lot of patroitic things which is the theme of my livingroom along with family antiques. Chickens reign in my kitchen. During this winter I want to branch out and try painting birds - which I love to watch.

Again - Thank You

Bookmark   September 23, 2008 at 2:00PM
luvstocraft

Pezabelle, I've been looking at some bird patterns too. Love the cute little birdies. I'm not a "realistic" painter however, just the cutesy, crafty kind. Luvs

Bookmark   September 24, 2008 at 12:02AM
kraftymom

I do paint birds (and other animals), both realistic & whimsical, and have many painting books on the subject. Don't be afraid to try painting them, they aren't as hard as they look. My favorite artists for birds are Nancy Dale Kinney, Sherry C. Nelson, & Carol Forsyth (Carol specializes in baby birds/animals).
If you like chickens, a good series which I have a few books from is 'The Chicken Pot Pie' collection by Sandra McClean.

http://sandramclean.net/books.html

And Priscilla Hauser does some great chickens too!

Bookmark   September 24, 2008 at 11:44AM
luvstocraft

Kraftymom, I love all her chicken and vegetable items! Only wish I could paint half that well. (Big sigh.) ;o(

Thanks for sharing the site, I enjoyed browsing it.

Luvs

Bookmark   September 24, 2008 at 2:52PM
anjabee

Pezabelle...I also have patriotic theme in my house, but I have cows in my kitchen instead of chickens.

Kraftymom~ those were some very pretty chickens. Wish I could paint that good.

~Anj

Bookmark   September 25, 2008 at 4:35PM
More Discussions
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
Latest project
A new friend from church wanted to get back into painting...
luvstocraft
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™