Painted Pavers

Mary_Ann_MDSeptember 26, 2003

This is something I would like to try. I want to thank Vikkie and befuddlemom for the pictures. I hope to see more on this site to use for Christmas presents. So won't all you talented ladies help us all out by posting what you have? I tried to buy a book but with no luck. TIA

Mary Ann

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pokeydecatur

I haven't tried painting a paver yet. I have one in the shape of Texas imbedded in my asphalt driveway that I've been meaning to paint for years but still haven't done it. I also have about fifteen pavers I am going to mosaic with tiles, too, but haven't even started yet. So much to do, so little time, so little energy!

Barbara

Bookmark   October 10, 2003 at 7:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
monicatx

I love painting pavers. The lady that taught me told me that the trick to keeping the paint on its to wipe the paver with denatured alcahol (sorry I can't spell). Then let it dry completely. I then base coat the entire paver including the sides. I like the Patio Paints that are available at the craft stores. I have some items I made three years ago, are in the sun and weather and still look good. For halloween I copied a picture I was lead to on this Gardenweb site. Run a search for "Frankie paver". It is really a cute frankenstein. Good luck

Bookmark   December 29, 2003 at 7:30PM
More Discussions
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Merry Christmas 2014
Hope you all have a very wonderful holiday with your...
anjabee
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™