As promised, here is what I am working on

charmoMarch 20, 2009

Hi guys! Here are pics of what I have been doing. The glass to glass is actually the one with my cat I was telling you I broke once it was finished, then I bought another piece of glass and redid the whole thing. One is my TG BB. Another BB with stained glass and Mac Glue. One pic of my poisonous mushroom, still have to grout it. One BB with marbles, I am doing a ladybug but here I couldn't find any black marbles so I used purple and red. The other one I am just starting, I put on the ears on it, and the front you can't really see it but I put a nose on it. I took a piece of aluminum foil and put it on my own nose to form it, then filled that with plaster and when it was dry I stuck it on the BB with thinset! So this is what I have been doing during my week off on March Break! Hee Haw!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cathyscache

Charmo, They are all just lovely. Beautiful!! Love the window!!! Gorgeous..Cathy

Bookmark   March 20, 2009 at 11:35AM
Calamity_J

Gorgeous! I too love the window!!! BB are great too! And the mushroom is so cute! Good job!!! Such eye candy and inspiration!!!

Bookmark   March 20, 2009 at 11:41AM
katishooked

Love your window and TG BB. Go girl

Kathy

Bookmark   March 20, 2009 at 7:32PM
emtnest

Wow, you've been busy...like I have...this must be what having an addiction is like, cuz I feel addicted...your mosaics look great!

Bookmark   March 21, 2009 at 10:52PM
squirrellycanadian

I really love the cat window, you did a great job on the cat, love the colors, very vibrant! Your bb's are great! I love the tg one, I gotta try that stuff, I love the effect.
I just finished a mushroom too! Now you've inspired me to do my bowling ball!

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 10:28AM
wisrose

T---riffic work, I especially like the window with your kat. Is that your first glass on glass? I want to do some glass on glass also. I was hoping you could get a closer or larger picture of it, I cannot really see any details of the kat. I clicked on the picture, but photo bucket says failed. If it is to much trouble I will understand, and I will still think you do great work ;~)

Bookmark   March 23, 2009 at 12:04PM
charmo

Wisrose, I don't know if this will work, but I just added a link to flickr so you can go see a bigger pic. This is actually my 3rd GOG, and I am loving it! The only thing that I find a 'bummer' is when the grout bleeds under the glass, so when gluing your glass pieces on the glass itself, you have to make sure you put glue on the edges or this will happen, it still looks pretty good though, and I guess the more we do the better at it we get!

Just click on the word "flickr" and there click on the pic and to see it even bigger click on "all sizes" on top!

Here is a link that might be useful: flickr

Bookmark   March 23, 2009 at 1:29PM
More Discussions
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
acrylic sheet
Hello all I have dabbled in other media like oil and...
bicem
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™