New Kitchen - Layout help request
First (or maybe second) time poster, but avid reader here. I am in a bit of a quandry here as to what to do with our kitchen. Our architect designed our house with the kitchen too narrow and now it's too late to change (unless we spend $50k to move to sheer walls).
In any case, I was hoping to get some input from the good folks here at garden web. I've attached a preliminary drawing of the kitchen and nook. It feels a bit cramped right now and I do not know how to fix the issue.
1. Shed roof, very slightly slanted.
2. Ceilings are 11' at lowest (over kitchen nook), 15' at the other end
3. Kitchen island is currently 12' long
4. Will likely have 2 of the gullwing island hoods over the range (72" total coverage). We do alot of wok cooking, so need plenty of venthilation, but also want to minimize the look: http://www.futurofuturo.com/island-range-hood-IS36GULLWING-WHT.php
5. Small stools will placed on the opposide side of the island (vs the range)
6. Range is 48" bluestar with two ovens
7. Refrigerators are likely 30" liebherrs, could go down to 24" or just a single 36 or 48
8. Sink is a grey quartz sink (will have to look up maker again)
1. Feels too narrow, walkways are ~3'4"
2. Struggling with the usability - will people really sit at the island if the kitchen nook is so close by?
3. Do we really need 2 refrigerators? Should we instead do a single 48" unit on the side with the sink?
4. Do we even need a counter on the opposide side of the kitchen (where the MW is currently shown), or should we shrink this to being a shallow pantry wall?
5. Since the walkways are narrow-ish, should we instead have wall ovens and a range top?
Overall something just doesn't feel right about the kitchen. Any and all feedback very greatly appreciated. Thanks!