Painted Hydrangeas - love that flower

paintingfoolAugust 15, 2010

I purchased these little plaques mostly for my grandchildren to paint on. But I like this one in particular because it is vertical. And I like the idea of stripes. Still practicing on my hydrangeas, not real pleased with this one but it came out alright. I actually have the pink hydrangea on my back porch. Found out real quick that they like shade - this is after I burned the leaves by leaving it in the sun.

B

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

PF, I think you did a wonderful job on your hydrangeas. I planted 3 this year and lost 1 already so we'll see how next year goes. I have planted these for years and end up losing them within 2 years but they are so beautiful I just keep trying.

Your roses and daisies are beautiful and look nice painted on the stripes. Such a nice background for a change and the gold edges really top them off.

Punk

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 11:16PM
luvstocraft

Your hydrangeas look really good PF. I almost burned my three up in the sun too, moved them to a shaded spot and they still didn't do very good. Now I've moved them one last time to a semi shaded area and they are putting out new leaves. Like Punk, I'll see how they do next year!

I absolutely love your heart plaque with the roses and daisies. The stripes are a nice background for them. That design would be so pretty on some wooden chargers using clear plates on top.

Luvs

Bookmark   August 16, 2010 at 3:02PM
pezabelle

What a reminder of my childhood bedroom. Your rose painting is so close to my wall paper. Both paintings are so lovely! And your Hydrangea's are perfect!

Hydrangea's do like cool, afternoon shade areas. You can also change the color by adding nutrients to the soil. a neighbor has a deep purple one and it is so pretty. Have to find out what she uses.

Belle

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 11:09AM
More Discussions
Valentine painted items
Have a couple of items I've painted for Valentines...
luvstocraft
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Merry Christmas 2014
Hope you all have a very wonderful holiday with your...
anjabee
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™