Painting on a tree trunk

cathy8091August 12, 2007

I have a tree stub on my front yard. It stands about 3ft high and 2ft wide. I am trying to get the bark all of and then I want to paint something on it. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

You could paint it to look like a fairy house with a door and windows. Or you could paint flowers all around it. Sorry, I can't really think of anything else tonight--guess I'm just too tired. I'll think on it overnight. Luvs

Bookmark   August 12, 2007 at 11:42PM
craftylady-2006

Type "decorative painting" in your web browser line and you'll find several sites where you might get some inspiration for a design.

Bookmark   August 13, 2007 at 9:15AM
sassy270380

search google for ideas?

Bookmark   August 13, 2007 at 10:48AM
anjabee

Let's see....are you going to put anything on the stump like a planter?? If so you could paint trailing vines with flowers down it like they are coming down from the real plant. Or I saw somewhere that a lady painted little tiny rock climber people on a big rock. It was soooo cute. Gosh I guess you could paint just about anything you like. How about some cute bugs and butterflies like they just climbed or landed on it. Or you could paint a totem pole depending on how tall it is. Maybe an owl peeking out of a painted hole? If you like Native American art you could paint petryglyphs on it. Just stare at it for a while and see if anything speaks to you. ha Hope you'll share a pic when you get it done. :) ~Anj

Bookmark   August 13, 2007 at 10:59PM
cathy8091

I really like the idea about bugs and butterflies thanks. I am also going to try some of the searches that were suggested. Thanks to all.

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 3:31PM
More Discussions
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
Latest project
A new friend from church wanted to get back into painting...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™