Laurat88 -- question about your cabinets, please

kaysdMay 22, 2013

Hi Laurat88, in another thread you posted that your cabinets are rift cut oak "with a custom stain of walnut/black/grey wash." Could you post photos please, or point me to another thread that already has photos?

We are planning for rift cut oak built-ins in our bedroom, and I would love to see pictures of your cabinets. We need to choose a stain color, and I want something that is grey, but with brown tones too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SCJennifer

Laurat88, I too would like to see your cabinets. Rift cut oak is gorgeous and tentatively what I want in my new kitchen.

Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 9:06PM
ck_squared

kaysd - I've been waiting very (im)patiently for your kitchen reveal. Can you give us an idea of when that might be??? I cannot wait to see your finished kitchen!

Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 10:37PM
dljmth

Sorry - Just saw this!

Here are some pictures.

Yes, it is rift oak with a walnut base stain and a grey/black wash. The cabinet finisher was like a cook mixing a little of this and a little of that. He gave me a few choices and I liked this the best. Will do a full reveal shortly. Painters are here today doing final touch up so we can move in tomorrow. Woohoo!!

Closer look at the grain.

We have rift oak in the bathroom too, but with a lighter stain.

This post was edited by laurat88 on Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 13:07

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 12:55PM
kaysd

Laurat88, your kitchen is beautiful! I especially love the cabinets and the windows flanking the range hood.

Is that the Tech Lighting Kable Lite system? Does it provide good light? We are thinking of using that in our living room since we cannot have recessed lights.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 8:14PM
melissaki5

Laura kitchen looks stunning!!! I would really like to know the name of those cabinet pulls. I am still without and really love yours.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 8:15PM
kaysd

ck_squared, DH and I can't wait to see the finished kitchen either! We have been dealing with some serious health and financial issues for both of my parents the last 3 months, so the remodel has been a low priority.

Kitchen still needs: hood, backsplash, appliance toe kicks, steam oven installion, French door stained or painted, Solyx film to obscure contents of pantry cabinets, finish light and outlet installation, painting touch ups and barstools. (At least the kitchen is close, the bathroom is still a gutted space.) I would post "nearly done" photos, but the paperwork for my parents' insurance claims and VA benefits is spread all over the island right now.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 8:23PM
More Discussions
Any reason a DW couldn't go next to a fridge?
We need to pull the trigger on our cabinets next week,...
gretchen718
Ikea cover panel installation question (Akurum line)
Hi all! I was ready to post this to ikeafans.com and...
criv227
Ikea Cabinets & Butcherblock - Quality?
We're about 95% sure we're replacing our cabinets....
annaw_123
Need floorplan advice/help
Hello everyone! Looking for floorplan advice on our...
K L
Does this butler pantry addition add or detract from my kitchen?
My midcentury home has a very open plan and lots of...
rockybird
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™