I forgot one....

paintingfoolAugust 28, 2009

I had promised one of the ladies in our painting group that I would come up with a snowman for her little hearts and help her teach it at our ornament paint in. This is the demo piece but I was unable to help her teach since it was the end of a week with company and getting everyone to the airport, etc. Anyway, he is a cute one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Bebe,

You are right. He is a cutie alright. Love the eyes, striped nose and sparkle in the paints. Wonderful job pouncing snow on too. Thanks so much for posting him. Punk

Bookmark   August 28, 2009 at 7:51PM
luvstocraft

What a cutie! And what a perfect ornament for a group of painters too! Love how your "snow" looks so soft and fluffy. You are such an excellent painter! ;o) Luvs

Bookmark   August 28, 2009 at 11:46PM
paintingfool

I used an old scruffy brush to pounce in the white, floated the blue shading and then pounced a little over the blue. There is a really neat brush made by Debbie Mitchell that makes pouncing easy. But I am use to using my scruffy.
B

Bookmark   August 28, 2009 at 11:57PM
pezabelle

Oh! those eye's!!!!! the nose is so cute and the first I have seen using a candy cane. The blush of the cheeks looks like he got caught using your brush.

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

Bookmark   September 2, 2009 at 12:07PM
paintingfool

You know, Belle, I take the easy way out when possible. The cheeks are done with a little cake of chalk (or pastel). You could even use regular makeup blush. Just spray with a sealer before brushing on varnish. I outlined the nose with a micron pen in a burnt sienna color. After the black is painted in for the eyes, I stroke a comma stroke of blue paint then come back with a little stroke of white. Then when it is dry, I float a little white over the bottom of the eye.

That's probably more info than you wanted but I think I am a die hard teacher - I like to share everything I know about painting.

B

Bookmark   September 2, 2009 at 6:43PM
luvstocraft

LOL Belle, you are right, he does look a bit like he got caught using Bebe's favorite brush! ;o)

Bebe, I love all the info you share. Many times you tell us things that I would not have thought to do. I have a set of colored Micron pens also, used to use them so much--but had sort of forgotten about them lately. They are so good when you just feel you need a very thin outline on something, aren't they?

Luvs

Bookmark   September 3, 2009 at 11:35AM
More Discussions
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucillle
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
Sponsored Products
Zen Linear Suspension
Lightology
Twin Thermostatic Shower Valve, Cloudburst Head, Rail Kit & Handset
Hudson Reed
Oakland Living Rochester Wrought Iron Dining Set With Umbrella
LuxeDecor
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. Bahama Weave Red Castango Thin Weave 34
Home Depot
Green and Ivory 22 x 22 Wool Pillow
$63.60 | Bellacor