Would it be worth the bother?

luvstocraftAugust 15, 2010

My neighbor had some wood pallets and one had fallen apart. He gave me the wood pieces in case I wanted to use them for painting or something, they are a nice size for signs or small cutouts. The wood is like a soft plywood with the layers pressed together. Not a real good quality in my opinion. There are staples in them that would need to be pulled out--not sure if the wood is worth the time of doing all of that. Anyone ever used this kind of wood? What's your opinion on it?

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Luvs, sad to say but I would say no. The wood they use to make pallets here is not planed and just scap wood. We get them and give them away for bon fires or anything someone will take them for. Go buy some nice boards and you will have your projects done and don't even look back.

Punk

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 11:22PM
pezabelle

Luvs....it really would depend on the quality of the pallet. I have seen some that are really nice and other like Punk said, only good for firewood.

Might I suggest you just prep a small area and then paint something simple on it and see how it ends up.

Happy Painting!

Belle

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 10:47AM
luvstocraft

Thanks for the good advice Punk and Belle. I might try one piece, but I'm certain these would have to be inside use only since the wood layers is not pressed together very well. Not even sure it would be good enough to use for a Cricut project either. Oh well, it was nice of them to think of me, but don't want to put allot of work into something that won't hold up! Luvs

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 12:18AM
More Discussions
A Few of My Things
I don't remember what I've posted but thought I'd share...
phonegirl
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Sponsored Products
Oregon State Pillow
$78.00 | Bellacor
Crystorama Hampton 13" High Antique Brass Wall Sconce
Lamps Plus
Real Carriage Rustic Alder Z-Brace - BDK-AL-3681-Z-WX
$880.00 | Hayneedle
Virtu USA Bathroom Dior 30 in. Vanity in White with Ceramic Vanity Top in White
Home Depot
Moda Square Chrome Thirteen-Light 26-Inch Pendant with Royal Cut Sapphire Blue C
Bellacor
Fangio Lighting Lamps 28 in. Black Resin Table Lamp 6121
Home Depot
Da Vinci Semi-Flushmount by Schonbek Lighting
$4,389.00 | Lumens
Avanity BRENTWOOD-VS61-NW-B Brentwood 61 vanity with Galala Beige marble t
Blue Bath
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™