Sink size in base cabinet of 48

SarinaMay 13, 2013

Would it look strange to use the model of sink I have now in a 48 inch base. The size now is outside undermount 31 1/2 inches x 20 7/8 . Its is 7.5 inches deep. Its a Kohler they no longer make saw it on amazon though for 720.00 .Great price and I know I love the sink as I have it in this house. Also does anyone have that chart that says how deep a sink should be for your height . The bigger sinks on Kohler website that are double basin are all 9 inch plus deep. I am 5 ft 4.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annkh_nd

I currently have a standard 33" double sink in a 48" base. It doesn't necessarily look strange, but I don't consider a sink base to be very efficient storage, so in my remodel I went with a 30" sink base, and a smaller sink. That gave me 18" to use for drawers!

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 3:52PM
Sarina

Yes this is a semi custom home so they have it laid out there way if it had been me I would of went with a smaller cab for sink base and used the space or something else indeed. I looked at a bit bigger sink and the price at Ferguson is not bad or Kohler. Hubby also saw some new sink from Kohler with a lower divide in middle he thought sounded good I have to look at that not sure about that concept.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 4:09PM
dennisforman

32" sink in a 48" base cabinet will look fine. The extra counter space on the sides will be handy for prep work. Is there any reason you are going with a Kohler sink? I know many people prefer big brand sinks, but nowadays even the Kohler and Elkay sinks are made in China. Many people here have been very happy with Kraus and Ruvati sinks. You will be paying almost half the price. Kraus and Ruvati are almost all 16 gauge stainless steel (the thickest steel available for residential kitchen sinks). I myself have a Ruvati sink that I am very happy with, and everyone who visits our kitchen compliment us on it. It has excellent soundproofing and the brushed finish looks very good. It also came with a bunch of extras including a bottom grid that protects the sink from scratches. Overstock.com is a good place to buy your kitchen sink, especially for their return policy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Overstock

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 8:15PM
More Discussions
Color difference Benjamin Moore Regal Select versus Regal Classic
We've been using Benjamin Moore Regal Classic semi...
donaleen
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Silestone Lagoon... Which one is the real deal????
I am experiencing the typical paralysis by analysis...
Anna Pensgen
Would soapstone work for me?
I currently have Cambria quartz and like it, but don't...
Butternut
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™