What's the best paint for wicker furniture?

angieshellJuly 16, 2010

Oh happy days! I was shopping today at my local thrift store and found the perfect wicker set for my sunroom. I gave $70 for the entire set and was thrilled. Hubby came home and took one look at it and told me he was taking it to the dump. So that means I need to act fast to convince him that painting it will bring back life to it.

What kind of paint should I use on wicker? I've read different articles saying to use oil based and some said spray paint. I'm wanting to paint all of it black and the furniture will remain indoors.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Alexina Properties

I absolutely love your set! So darling! I have painted several wicker items over the years. I used to use regular spray can (the cheap 99c cans) but it took alot.

Last week I sprayed several wicker pieces with Rustoleum Painters Touch 2x spray and it was awesome! It sprayed a settee and chair with one can and changed it from white to black. I can not tell you how easy that stuff makes it to spray the furniture. Enjoy your new set!

Here is a link that might be useful: rustoleum paint

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 8:59PM
annzgw

The link below should answer your question.........

Here is a link that might be useful: painting wicker

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 11:05PM
justgotabme

What a deal on an awesome looking set. Your hubby will be eating his words once you have them painted yummy black!
Though in looking at your floor I'm wondering if a very very dark dark chocolate, as in Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate, brown would look pretty darn awesome too.

Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 1:36AM
justgotabme

Well this may not be the best virtual, but I thought I'd see what to show the difference between black and a very dark brown. I like them both, but thought since I mentioned chocolate chip brown I'd show you what I meant...

Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 1:46AM
Sandy0824

I am going to be painting some wicker furniture and wondered how your project turned out. Also, I love your flooring and would like to know what brand tile/color you used.

Bookmark   September 25, 2011 at 12:43PM
More Discussions
Help me find a powder room paint color
My painter is here fixing another problem (sheetrock,...
tfitz1006
Has Anyone Used Royal Oak Engineered Wood Flooring?`
We are getting ready to build and found some very authentic...
aktillery9
Talking of airbnb, white walls, and Paris....
I'd move into this apartment in a heartbeat. And, no,...
nosoccermom
Can we talk about throw pillows?
I'm puzzled about throw pillows on sofas, loveseats...
pocopson
Animal print carpeting revisited
I googled stark and it looks like it sells to the trade....
bossyvossy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™