Need a simple stencil idea for old white dresser

JulieAugust 22, 2001

I have painted this dresser(4 drawers, white wooden handles) for our spare room. I'd like to stencil something simple. I've done an ivy on a wooden chest of drawers that I use for tablecloths, etc, in my dining room, and that is quite nice but what other ideas can you give a artistically challenged person like myself?? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sparkie

Julie,
Have you checked Wal*Mart or Michael's for a single overlay stencil? There are lots of different subjects: all kinds of flowers and fruits, cats, dogs, or how about birdhouses? All kind of depends on the theme of the rest of the room.
HTH,
sparkie

Bookmark   August 23, 2001 at 9:34PM
FlowergirlDeb2

There are SO MANY stencils in the craft stores, do you have a theme in this room, like flowers or sea shells? Or you could create something to compliment your color scheme in the bedroom. EVERYTHING will look good on a white wooden dresser!! I'm jealous, I wish I had one to do!! Great luck!!

Bookmark   August 24, 2001 at 12:46AM
menehune_hotmail_com

How difficult do you want it to be? I just returned a library book by Plaid and in it was a really cute dresser. They overlaid the entire piece with a one-piece stencil (so the result looked like a damask material over the entire piece)then stenciled a small repeat design laid out in a rectangle on the sides and on the top. This was a small petal border with a group of roses in a cluster at each corner. The one piece overall stencil was done in a muted cream so it sort of blended into the background. Hope you can get the mental picture. It was lovely and different.

Bookmark   August 24, 2001 at 9:08AM
Nadege

Painting on a mirror attached on the bathroom wall already, could I use a stencil also? where can I buy some? or do you have any other suggestions to paint a design and also what can of paint to use?
THANK YOU

Bookmark   December 20, 2001 at 12:17PM
gigi_Canada

I painted a chest this fall, light brown color, then I took a small stencil strip (.98 cents from Wall Mart), I stencilled it randomly all over, changing the directions until most of the surface was covered, in almost a white. Then I painted some flowers on the front. The all over stencilling looks nice.

Bookmark   December 21, 2001 at 10:55PM
sunshinetm

Since I am not very good at painting, I used wallpaper & border paper on furniture peices that I have painted before & they turned out very nice. Just another idea that is easy & looks great. Terri

Bookmark   December 22, 2001 at 12:45PM
More Discussions
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
Sponsored Products
Heavy Duty Coir No Border Doormat
Overstock.com
Wine Barrel Pinot Noir Plaque
Ballard Designs
Lithonia Lighting 4 in. Recessed White Gimbal LED Downlighting Kit LK4GMW LED M4
$49.86 | Home Depot
Stencil Dining Side Chair in White
$129.00 | LexMod
Cheetah Initial Coir Mat 30 X 48
Ballard Designs
Lithonia Lighting Recessed Lighting 5 in. PAR30 Silver/White Anodized Smooth
$25.97 | Home Depot
Laundry Room Rules Plaque
Ballard Designs
Woven Karastan Paisley Stencil Tomatillo Red Nylon Rug (2'11 x 4'8)
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™