Butterfly & Daisy's

pezabelleJuly 21, 2010

Just finished the first painting by Sharon Koenig....and I am still not happy with the leaves, gonna go back and try again. Add texture.....and lighten the centers and even out all of the leaves.

I also see while looking at the picture, I need to add stronger highlight and shading on the daisy petals. I need to take pictures during the painting process, they sure show up what is needed or changed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

That's looking lovely, Belle. What a pretty butterfly. I don't see a thing wrong with your leaves! Where are you going to use this one? TFS Luvs

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 11:59PM
pezabelle

Luvs...thank you! DH is making a frame for me that matches the 6 window pane window frame he refurbished for me. He took the window apart and sanded it all down, put it together again and then used a wire brush on the wood to "weather" it and stained it a grey/blue. This was about 4 years ago and except for decorations at Christmas, I haven't used it. When I got SK's book I knew what was going into the frames. So, not being sure I could paint birds and butterflies, I did one of a different size to go on the wall beside the window frame. Now all I have to do it paint the other 6 and at this rate it will be months, but I did do all of the background, so they are done.

Belle

Bookmark   July 22, 2010 at 12:57PM
phonegirl

Belle, love it! Your background is wonderful and the butterfly stands out like it's 3D. Did you paint all the backgrounds to match? The centers of the sunflowers look so real. It will be great to see all your others as you get them painted.

Punk

Bookmark   July 22, 2010 at 11:50PM
paintingfool

Beautiful!! Love the color of the butterfly. And the background looks textured to me. I don't know what the leaves are suppose to look like but they look good just as they are to me.

Bookmark   July 26, 2010 at 9:13AM
pezabelle

Thank You Ladies...don't know why this style of painting is turning out to be so much harder than my usual things, but they sure are!

Punk...Yes, I painted all of the background at the same time, as the colors used were all mixes and I wanted them to match, but I tried to bring out more green in one and more purple in another and so on.

Bebe...the background is just "slip slapped" and I found that I had to turn the board as I was doing this or my "light and fluffy" turn out streaky. As to the leaves, the artist's are more raked? A lot more texture that all blends together.....not happening here!!!!! So I did it my way.

Belle

Bookmark   July 26, 2010 at 11:38AM
anjabee

Where'd my post go? I did reply to this one but it's disappeared. I love the way your butterfly just pops!! What awesome detail! My MIL loves butterflies and I have painted a few for her....not easy and mine were nowhere near as good as yours! I love it!!

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 10:46AM
pezabelle

Anj.....my posts disappear also!

This was a fun one, but I am still working on the petals of the flowers, they need more detail, they are really fuzzy. I have several more butterflies I want to do but the nice weather calls to me.

Belle

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 12:38PM
More Discussions
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Sponsored Products
Butterfly Garden Guest Towels - BUTTERFLY GARDEN
$7.75 | Horchow
2011 Melbourne 5-pc. Round Outdoor Dining Set, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Butterfly Garden Comforter Set
$49.99 | zulily
Nice 18-Inch Multi Color Decorative Pillows, Set of 2
$49.95 | Bellacor
Ceramic Daisy Pot - Set of 2
| Dot & Bo