Painting Frenzy

kraftylady23July 6, 2008

If I can get these to post, here is some pictures I painted. The cottage and White Stargazer lilies are from a workshop I attended last weekend with Linda Coulter. She teaches the Grisaille method. It was alot of fun and work too. The Cala Lilys are my design that I am teaching Tues. night to my class and the Raccoon is a Donna Dewberry design that I will be teaching at a all Day Workshop in my home studio on Aug. 2. If any of you are in or close to my area and would like to come, please email me or let me know and I will send details. Thanks for letting me share my work.

Donna H

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Oh my! That cottage scene is so pretty. Love the sections of shade and light. And those lillies look so realistic--almost like I could lean over and smell them. Cute little racoon, know your class will love him, and the cala lillies will be a fun project to paint also. I think I have a video of DDewberry painting the cala lilly, but I've not tried to do them yet. So do you display allot of your canvases in your studio? Bet they would make for a beautifully decorated wall.

I've forgotten what area you live in. Doubt that I could paint such realistic things too. I think I'm more of a "crafts" type painter than an "artist" type painter. LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 3:39PM
paintingfool

Krafty, they are beautiful!! Did you like the underpainting in grey tones? It was odd to me the first time I tried it but WOW! when you put on the color it was like magic. And Linda is such a pretty painter. If I knew where you lived I just might have to come to class. You know I love taking classes from others.
B

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 4:00PM
kraftymom

Your paintings are lovely!

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 10:56PM
anjabee

Donna~ They are all so beautiful, but I love that cottage scene best. That little racoon is too cute. Your students are gonna love the classes. Everything is so realistic. Beautiful work and thank you for sharing! ~Anj

Bookmark   July 11, 2008 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™