26 years later and I finally finished it!!!!

paintingfoolJuly 12, 2010

Well, almost. I still have to buy new dowels to go in the holes. I purchased this in May 1984 when the shop I frequented decided to close. I was so afraid I would not be able to find more wood things to paint (silly, huh??) that I bought as much as I could. But I really liked it and didn't know what to paint on it. And as you know I have pink paint on my palette this week (lots of special orders on roses) so I decided to paint a few to see what it would look like. It is perfect for my bathroom which is being changed from lavender to pink. I am so proud of myself - I finally finished it and now I am off to the shed to see what else I have stored in there. Oh, this piece is almost 24 inches long. It had three pegs but I plugged the middle because I didn't think there was enough space between them to hang anything. Later.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kraftymom

Love the shape of that piece and you did a great job of painting it as always. :-)

I am glad to see I'm not the only one who has stored pieces that were bought several years ago because at the time I just knew it was going to look great when painted. lol

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 1:08PM
franksmom_2010

What a lovely piece! I really like that color scheme, too. I used those colors for one of our bedrooms. So soothing and fresh!

I have stored unfinished quilt tops and blocks. Some I made, some I bought. It's nice to finally see your vision for something come to life!

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 7:36PM
luvstocraft

Ahhh, Bebe, your rose items always make me drool. That is a great shape and so neat that it can hold two towels. Your design is perfect for it and I love how you put the small roses in the corners of it too. Yipee, one more piece of your stash finished and ready to use! ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 8:49PM
phonegirl

So proud of you that you finally finished this beautiful project. It will be nice in your bathroom redo. I have a BR in purple and always wanted to paint a flower on the wall to match but will probably change colors before that happens.

Is the outside painted a pale green? Neat wood shape and will look good with something hanging on it.

Punk

Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 12:12AM
More Discussions
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
New Free Pattern
Renee Mullins has a new free pattern to download at...
anjabee
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™