Another side of the painting

paintingfoolJuly 13, 2009

I thought I had posted both pics, here is the other.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

That is a terrific idea for the clipboard holder. Sure could have used one of those while in school and working. did he just use a pretty piece of molding? Or is it a couple of boards glued together and the the edges routered?

Love the way the gold pen finishes the edges so neatly too. And your painting is wonderful as always. ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   July 13, 2009 at 11:53AM
paintingfool

Luvs, it is just a plain piece of 1"x4". He routed around the edges and I am sure he mitered his saw to do the slot where the clipboard goes in. I have only basecoated the stand. Oh, and he provided two large elastic bands to hold the bottom of a book or paper. It was only $8.00. It can be used for a recipe, for crocheters, knitters, etc. It sure helps if you are in class and you need to hold your pattern or picture.
Thanks for the compliment, I think we both share a real love for roses. I tried something different, I took the pattern of a rose from Margot Clark and used the double load brush to paint in the petals. It came out looking pretty good. You and I don't usually use a pattern - but this was for a friend and she wanted it to look a certain way.

Bookmark   July 13, 2009 at 12:05PM
phonegirl

You did a fantastic job finishing up this project Bebe. What a creative lady you are. You must have a very steady hand using your gold pen. Thanks so much for sharing all your talent with us here. Punk

Bookmark   July 15, 2009 at 12:01AM
paintingfool

Oh, you silly girl - I am getting older and my hands are not as steady as they use to be. I used a T-square ruler. I believe in using whatever is available to achieve the results I want. If I didn't have the gold pen, I would tape the width of the band, seal it with glazing medium, then paint it gold.

Thanks Yall, it is so nice to have you all around.

Bookmark   July 15, 2009 at 2:23AM
More Discussions
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™