Sand dollar beach scene

paintingfoolJune 20, 2011

Living on the Gulf Coast affords me the opportunity to find sand dollars. This particular one is about 3.5" long and in pretty good condition considering being washed ashore and being dug up in the sand. I am not parituclarly fond of painting on them because they are so porous. I painted this little beach scene on it and then I used Triple Thick on the top so it won't be so fragile. It will be one of my giveaways.

B

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marylee_2010

That is so neat! Really pretty. I like it. You could give it to me. LOL I would love to have it.
Marylee

Bookmark   June 21, 2011 at 1:20AM
pezabelle

Bebe... it is beautiful! Delicate, as is the sand dollar, but also soothing and calming.

Belle

Bookmark   June 21, 2011 at 11:30AM
luvstocraft

That is really neat Bebe. I would not have thought to paint on one. You do such cute little beach scenes. I like the triple thick on it too. Luvs

Bookmark   June 21, 2011 at 11:35AM
anjabee

Beautiful as always Bebe!! Love your beach! Wish I was there right now! lol ~Anj

Bookmark   June 23, 2011 at 6:53PM
kraftymom

Beautiful. I just happened to see that project on your website. :-)

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 10:29AM
paintingfool

Since I started painting (too many years ago) I have painted beach scenes, some simple, some not. I have always thought they were probably about the easiest thing to paint. I don't paint them often because I leave near the Gulf of Mexico and it is beautiful but we have so many artists around painting just that. And you would think I would take advantage of the beach every year but I only go when we have company. Isn't that weird?? I like going when it is much cooler and not so many tourist around. That way I can sit and just enjoy looking at the waves. It is so relaxing.

Thanks for all your comments - I picked a name yesterday and everything in my giveaway will be out of here Monday.
B

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 10:22AM
More Discussions
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
Merry Christmas 2014
Hope you all have a very wonderful holiday with your...
anjabee
New Free Pattern
Renee Mullins has a new free pattern to download at...
anjabee
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™