Please, need tips on straight lines, curved lines, lettering
I'm trying to design a project, and I'm trying to decide whether to make it more challenging, or keep it as easy as I can. LOL
- Let's say you want to paint vertical stripes on the inside of a toy box. It doesn't have to be perfect. It can be "artsy" but you don't want it to look like a drunk did it and you don't want to have to tape all the lines. Got tips on how to do it? Do you have better luck drawing lines and freehand painting within them? Or do you use some type of moll/stick/rod to paint straight lines?
- How about pinstriping? Got tips?
- Let's say you want to paint a thin-lined oval, maybe a foot and a half wide. How would you approach it?
- When painting long thin lines, is there a trick to keeping the paint flowing smoothly, rather than glopping on the sides at the beginning and running out too fast?
- How about lettering? I've seen some gorgeous examples of lettering from folks who post here. Got any tips?