Painting on a shell

paintingfoolJune 7, 2010

I don't know what kind of shell this is but it was cheap, I think I paid fifty cents for it at a yard sale. I thought it would make a nice soap dish. And, as you know, I have pink paint on my palette so I had to paint a rose. I never get tired of painting roses but I bet everyone else is. This is such a pretty surface to paint on, I just wanted to share it with yall.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Beautiful! I think your large rose is the best one you've painted. So many great details on it. Great buy on your shell and I'm so glad you shared this with us. I'll never tire of seeing your rose paintings. Thanks again.

Punk

Bookmark   June 7, 2010 at 11:32PM
luvstocraft

You know I always love roses and you paint them so pretty. Will you just use the regular spray on sealer on this shell? That's a neat idea to use it for a soap dish too. Glad you are getting in some painting time. Keep on painting those roses--I want to see them all! ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   June 8, 2010 at 11:20AM
pezabelle

Beautiful Roses!!! I'm drooling again! But I sure wouldn't put anything in this dish that would cover the beauty of nature and your artistry.

Belle

Bookmark   June 8, 2010 at 1:50PM
More Discussions
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Merry Christmas 2014
Hope you all have a very wonderful holiday with your...
anjabee
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™