Another ornament

paintingfoolJune 24, 2009

This is the other ornament I will be teaching. It is on an 11" x 3" wood sled. Very simple, not much detail. Now, I am off to basecoat the pattern on 20 of those sleds. We have a limited amount of time to teach an ornament at our paint in so I usually basecoat so all the members have to do is the detail work. I will let you know how they turn out.

B

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dianecrafts

That is adorable. You basecoat the pattern in for everyone??? I want to be in your class!!!! I am "thinking" about ornaments too, but right now if I don't start sewing my craft show booths are not going to be stocked as my inventory is almost zero. I have been a grasshopper way too much this year, when I should have been the ant....you remember the story about the "Grasshopper and the Ant".

Diane

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 11:20AM
luvstocraft

I'd love to be in your class too, Bebe, but not so much because you do the basecoating--I want to see how you do those gorgeous beards! Every time you post beards or feathers, I just think you do them so well and they are so gorgeous. Luvs

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 11:54AM
phonegirl

Bet your class will be full when the members see what they will be painting and they're base coating is already done. How sweet of you to do that so they can paint a project like this. Your santas whispy little beard is darling and so is the rest of your sled.

I'm so happy you are posting all your projects and inspiring us to get ready for Christmas. I'd love to come and paint with you also.

Punk

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 8:28PM
luthien

holey moley B! basecoat for everyone?? why don't you just do it in 2 classes? man! that's a lot of work. starting christmas projects so soon? i was about to post my paper weights becos i suddenly thought that they will make nice and easy christmas gifts:) but i must say the sleds will be really nice as christmas presents!
hugs luthien :))

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 5:33AM
paintingfool

Diane - I don't know if I remember the story about the grasshopper and the ant - do tell.

Luvs and Punk, I use the oval rake brush for the beard and I basecoat with a medium grey first. That way the beard is not totally white (or in this case light buttermilk) and then highlighted with white. But I can see now that the mustache is too white.

Punk - I have to start painting early for Christmas since our club is having a art and craft sale to raise money for the chapter. And I love painting Santas and snowmen. Ornaments are easy to sell, not so much the other things I paint. You can put so much time and effort into a painting and get very little for it.

Thanks again all of you. I sure wish we could all have a class together.

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 9:00AM
luvstocraft

Bebe, would you show me a picture of your oval rake brush? I have a rake brush but it is a fan shape. Don't think I've seen an oval one, but sounds like something I need.

You made me laugh when you said this santa sled doesn't have much detail--looks like tons of detail to me just doing the face! You are just so good that you now find it all very simple and easy me thinks! ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 12:49PM
anjabee

That's cute Bebe. They are gonna have fun with that one. I'll join in with the others with WTH were you thinking. ha Basecoating for everyone. ha You'll be tired out before the class even starts and you'll be sick of this guy for sure. ha I want to see your rake brush too. Mine is a fan. ~Anj

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 7:25PM
More Discussions
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™