Christmas ????

paintingfoolJune 24, 2009

I found these little wooden spoons at Joann's Fabrics last week and thought I would paint them for my grand daughters. Each package had a round spoon and an oval spoon so I thought they should stay together, I tied them with a ribbon. Oh, the spoons were only $1.00 for a package of two. They were in the dollar bin if anyone is interested. They also had rolling pins about6-7" long. I have an ornament painting weekend at my club so I needed something to teach.

B

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dianecrafts

OHHHHHH I Love these. I got some of the rolling pins a few weeks ago but didn't see the spoons. I'll have to check on Saturday when I go. What a darling set they make.

Diane

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 11:28AM
luvstocraft

Loving that pretty soft pink color on them. I had no idea they even made that kind of wooden spoons--had only seen the kitchen type. I'd have to buy two packages so I could have matching ones together--I'm wierd that way! LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 11:59AM
phonegirl

Oh B, they are both so cool. I love pink also and their both painted so professional. Hope all your stress is gone and your doing well now. Punk

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 8:21PM
luthien

oh what beauties!!!! love the color you chose :) my gosh i really love these ... so soft and romantic and cute :)) i've never tried painting on wooden spoons ... looks like you've convinced me try a couple tho i dun think i can get them that cheap here! real beauties B... love them!!
hugs luthien :)

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 5:41AM
paintingfool

I am always looking for something to paint on when I shop. These particular wood spoons are only about 6 inches long and they were in the dollar bin at Joann's Fabrics. They cost more than the normal metal spoons I buy but easier to paint on. And I love a rosy pink color. I guess I had better get busy since I purchased 20 packages of these to paint.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 8:53AM
anjabee

Geez, I gotta remember to come over here more often. See what I'm missing. ha This is a really fun set. As for my own tastes, I'm not a pink girl. ha Bring on the dark reds for me. ha Even though I wouldn't decorate with them myself, I can still enjoy them as they are...... Very soft and pretty. Great job B. =D ~Anj

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 7:34PM
More Discussions
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™