Blackberries on a clock

paintingfoolJune 12, 2010

I don't remember if I ever showed this clock to you but these are blackberries which we have an abundance growing around here.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pezabelle

Those look good enough to eat! Did you use the berry making tool or the old standby, a brush? Either way the clock is in with the times!HEHEHE I also like the white around your flowers, did you line them or just leave the white showing while doing your shading?

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 2:32PM
luvstocraft

You sure paint things so realistic--those look yummy enough to eat! I really like your squiggly vines on this piece too. Great job!

Luvs

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 8:08PM
paintingfool

A berry making tool?? I didn't know there was one. I have used q-tips for larger berries but for these I used my little brush - and now that I look at them, those berries do look good. I did outline around the little white flowers and shaded around the stamen with a float of blue. And I have little lines coming out from the stamen also. I found that if you use the basecoat color of the berries and float along one side after you have finished painting them, it gives them a shaded look.

What is really pretty about this piece is the background, it has a little bit of pink in it along with some blue.
Thanks yall.

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 10:00PM
phonegirl

Love this clock. Those blackberries look good enough to eat alright. So glad you posted this for us. Your background really looks good with the blue and pink.

Punk

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 10:35PM
More Discussions
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
A Few of My Things
I don't remember what I've posted but thought I'd share...
phonegirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™