Found Painting books on sale

luvstocraftJune 9, 2009

Hey, guess what? I went by Hobby Lobby again yesterday hoping to find a little gift item for my SIL and I ended up buying three painting books that had been reduced to clearance prices!

Most of the books now are $11.95 and up! I got Sandra Malone's Summer Splash for $3.01, Assort. Artists Paint for the holidays for $2.58, and Gail Eads At Nature's Best for $5.02. I was so excited! I really wanted another one of Sandra Malone's books but not at $12.95. I know, I know, you want a picture. I'll be sure to do that when I get back home. (Oh, I did find a gift for SIL too, a darling little plate with a verse for her new black/white bedroom.) ;o)

Anyone else been finding any new books at bargain prices?

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anjabee

I haven't, but I'm going by the TS today!! I may have to make a run over to our Hobby Lobby. Wonder if they have their books on sale here??? ha Sounds like you got some good ones for great prices. I love Gail Eads. She does a lot of primitives that I like. Enjoy! There is nothing like getting new books to get the ideas flowing! =) ~Anj

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 1:36PM
kraftymom

Way to go! I wish we had Hobby Lobby here in the NW.

I am a self-proclaimed painting book junkie and can never have enough. I ordered several books on clearance or sale over the last 2 weeks. Be sure to check these places on-line each month for great sale prices on different books....
http://store.viking-publications.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=VFAP&Category_Code=Sale

http://www.decorativepaintingstore.com/store_tole_decorative_painting/index.php?cPath=1

Bookmark   June 10, 2009 at 12:07PM
retiree43

Here's another site that always has some great bargins on books:
http://mybargaintown.stores.yahoo.net/byauthor1.html

Bookmark   June 10, 2009 at 6:21PM
luvstocraft

I'm not big on ordering online only because they don't seem like such a bargain by the time I pay the shipping charges! However, with new painting books selling for $12.95, it just might be worth paying the charges to get them cheaper. Thanks for the links, I'll take a look.

Retiree43, I still need you to email me your address so I can mail the book you wanted from the ones I listed on the exchange side here.

Luvs

Bookmark   June 10, 2009 at 11:22PM
retiree43

Oops!! My error !! Just sent you the information.

Bookmark   June 11, 2009 at 9:07AM
luthien

ooo luvs... that's so cool!!! we dun get much sale on art books here ... cos most of them are imported and therefore even more expensive becos of the duties! you must be having a blast!

Bookmark   June 12, 2009 at 10:37AM
More Discussions
A Few of My Things
I don't remember what I've posted but thought I'd share...
phonegirl
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™