Need help painting a floor?

Mary_Ann_MDJune 10, 2003

This is the best site to get help from all you crafty people. We had a large addittion put on. We were planning to put in wall to wall carpet and also a large deck off the room. Well due to circumstances beyond our control I now have to make a choice. The addittion is our bedroom it went from 14 x 14 feet to 14 by 42 feet. I can either get a large deck or carpet now. And wait for the other for a year or two. I want the deck. The floor has pylwood down and I thought I could get creative and paint the floor then stencil a design on it, or if you have any other ideas for the floor covering please help me. But I don't know what to do with the screw heads. Is there a filler that would stay in the top of the screws? If you have any other ideas PLEASE help me out. TIA

Mary Ann

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lulie___wayne

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'll have to think on that one. If you are artistic at all, my first thought is to paint the plywood to make it look like bricks or stone with shadows etc. Then, put a thick coat of polyurethane on top of that.You could put dark speckles in it before the polyurethane and conceal the screw holes. That would be awesome.
I'll ask DH about the filler.
Lu

Bookmark   June 10, 2003 at 7:35PM
More Discussions
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Merry Christmas 2014
Hope you all have a very wonderful holiday with your...
anjabee
Latest project
A new friend from church wanted to get back into painting...
luvstocraft
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™