Another painting completed.....

paintingfoolMay 29, 2010

I have had this little swan/duck/goose - since 1986. I had painted Priscilla Hauser roses on it but never finished. And the roses were really dark - so I lightened it up and used a wash of ice blue on the ribbon and around the edges. Now it is really cute - oops, I just realized I forgot to put the pegs back in. I was trying to get a pic before I varnished.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Nice that you could get this finished. The roses and ribbon look great on it as always. Do you plan on keeping this or will you sell it?

Punk

Bookmark   May 29, 2010 at 9:26PM
paintingfool

Punk, I hope to sell it but if it was left up to the hubby, I would be keeping it all. He likes everything it seems. He is so sweet. Thanks for the nice comments. I thought about painting sunflowers but I have a hard time with certain colors, or I should say I don't have a lot of interest in other colors. The shop owner where I sell my things set up a display the other day with a lot of pink, ivory and blues. All pastel colors, she is asking for more so I guess this will be going down to the shop for now.
B

Bookmark   May 29, 2010 at 9:36PM
luvstocraft

Isn't it wonderful how pretty pink roses can dress up just about anything? I always love your roses, so soft and pretty.

Another thing I've seen lately that people are doing with some of the older wood cutouts is to just paint them with the black chalkboard paint--gives them a whole new look.

I see you are still working at getting some of your long time stash painted up. You're doing great, keep up the good work. ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   May 30, 2010 at 12:41AM
kraftymom

I'm glad I'm not the only one with stash more than 20 years old. lol
I love the soft colors you used and your roses are wonderful! You shouldn't have any problem selling that piece.

Bookmark   May 31, 2010 at 1:30AM
More Discussions
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™