Favorite paint shades..

anjabeeMay 21, 2008

I asked Luvs the other day what pink shades she uses the most so that I can build up my pink selection a little more. I thought I'd start this discussion and let everyone chime in on their favorites in each color group. I know it may be hard to choose just a few, but let us know what paint colors you use the most. I think this might help some of the newbies who are trying to start their paint collections and me as well. I know some of you have massive collections so you've tried way more shades than I have. I'll start. Most of mine are Delta.

Blue~ Dark Night Blue

Red~ Barn Red

Orange~ Terra Cotta

Yellow~ Straw

Green~ Med Foilage Green

Brown~ Spice Brown or Raw Sienna

Pink~ Rose Pink

Purple~ Dusty Purple

Tan~ Maple Sugar Tan

White~ Antique White

Grey~ Bridgeport Grey (lite) or Paynes Grey (dark)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Gosh Anj, there are just so many pretty paints available. It's hard to choose just one favorite of each color. When I first started painting, I thought I had to buy whatever brand and color the pattern book listed. Needless to say, each artist had their own favorites, so it was a bit hard for me to go buy another blue when I had one I already liked. The light finally dawned on me that I could substitute my own color choices to match my decor and preferences--I didn't have to do my project exactly like the one in the book! Duh! That saved me allot of money by not buying so many bottles of paint. I do have some favorites that I buy again and again. Most of mine are Folkart brand.

Blue-Light Periwinkle
Red-Barnyard Red and Lipstick Red
Orange-Autumn Leaves
Yellow- Lemonade
Green-Thicket
Brown-Spice Brown
Pink-Berry Wine and Baby Pink
Purple-Dioxazine Purple
Tan-Chocolate Parfait
White-Wicker White
Grey-Barn Wood
Black-Licorice

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 11:03AM
More Discussions
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
New Free Pattern
Renee Mullins has a new free pattern to download at...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™