Tiled window frame is done, pics.

debrak_2008February 22, 2011

My DH came up with the idea to use mosiac (small tiles) to frame a window in a staircase. This area is a new addition to our house and the stairs go from the kitchen to the master bedroom. I searched the internet and could not find anything like this which surprized me. DH used green board and framed the window. He sized it so no glass tile had to be cut. It might seem boring to the great artists here but here it is.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Y'all did a marvelous job of tiling. Not boring to the one who enjoys it. Some have said my work is too busy - don't care one bit, and my answer to any objections is: If I like it, that's all that matters. Congratulations to you and DH for a beautiful window. Looks soooooo professionally done.

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 5:27PM
oldcrafty

That is gorgeous and sooooo well done. It really adds pazzaz to an ordinary window. Thanks for sharing such a cool idea.....will have to put that one in my memory bank! I've done the same thing as far as cutting something to fit the tile, as I don't have a fancy cutter or the knowledge to cut them, besides whats wrong with planning ahead and making sure your finished project will look as neat and professional as possible. His work looks very neat and to me thats important.
+

Bookmark   February 23, 2011 at 9:04AM
emtnest

I think it turned out beautiful. Very nice and clean looking. I would say it IS a work of art!

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 5:57PM
debrak_2008

Thank you all for the kind words. I have showed them all to DH. We are really happy with it. Our next project is remodeling our kitchen. There is a small window over the sink.... depending on what we decide on a backsplash, maybe we do it again.

I must say I was surprized that more people haven't done something like this. DH got the idea when we were buying glass tile for around our bathtub. He saw this tile and thought it matched our woodwork and the idea was born. Anyway I searched the internet and could not find anything like it. Looking at your projects here I see that you guys tile everything! Which I think is cool.

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 9:35AM
silvamae

Outstanding job and beautiful tile! Love it.

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 11:49AM
More Discussions
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
Thrift Store Remake....
I thought it needed a little something extra.
brokenbitmosaics
Sponsored Products
2" Aluminum Wall Tile with Flower Design
Signature Hardware
Alpine Sedona Extension Dining Table With Natural Slate Tiles
Beyond Stores
Cambridge Harbor Gray Paint Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Bauhaus Tiles Poster
$27.99 | Dot & Bo
SomerTile Arbor Subway White Glass Mosaic Tile (Case of 80)
Overstock.com
Sample-Celeste Marigold Glass Tile Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™