Cleaning saw blades

gracie01May 1, 2008

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a very long time; alas life interferes with painting. I have been following your posts from time to time, and I applaud you all on your beautiful projects.

My question: I have come across a two-handled, long saw that is very rusty. I would like to some day paint on it, but don't know how to prep it. Can someone help me out?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kraftylady23

Hello,
I have done this before and the way I did it was: I sanded the saw and got as much of the rust off as I could, then primed it with a primer made for metal such as Rust-oliam (never could spell that word) Then you can spray paint with a base coat also using spray paint made for metal. Then you may paint it as you like. You can use outdoor paint or acrylic. If you use acrylic you will need to seal it after painting. I don't know about oil paints. Hope this helps.
Donna H.

Bookmark   May 1, 2008 at 11:44AM
gracie01

Thanks so much Donna.

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 9:47AM
luvstocraft

I'm glad Donna had some experience with this so she could help you. Your post reminded me that I have two circular saw blades and an old disc that my brother gave me and I haven't painted them yet. I was thinking the circular ones might make a cute sunflower to go in my flowerbeds. That's about the only place I have to put them. I'll have to take a pic of them and see if any of you have ideas for what to paint on them. Good luck with your project Gracie, hope to see more of you on here. ;o) Luvs

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 5:41PM
More Discussions
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
A Few of My Things
I don't remember what I've posted but thought I'd share...
phonegirl
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™