DON'T Let The Bedbugs Bite!

MoccasinAugust 29, 2010

Ok, this morning lots about the 15 cities where bedbugs are really a problem, according to Terminix's statistics.

And I'm putting a link below to the EPA's site which tells you how to recognize the little suckers and to eradicate them. Plus more. There is a link to the joint statement from EPA and the CDC about the public health issues related to bedbugs.

Even if you don't have a problem now, save the link. You might be able to pass it along to a family with the problem, and save yourself down the road.

It sure makes me hesitate to stay in a motel on my long road trips. Something about blood sucking insects that sets my skin to crawling.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dealing With Bedbugs...EPA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marti8a

Thanks ML. It sure makes me want to stay home and not have company!

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 11:26AM
Moccasin

Marti, I wonder how long it will take for them to get a bedbug spray on the market?

I can remember my grandmother taking her mattresses and pillows outside to sun all day long, and beat the heck out of them. It was a part of her spring cleaning. Every year, she'd empty out the house, and then get sand from the creek and scrub the walls and the floors, no electricity to worry about, and then boiling water all over everything, with homemade lye soap (I helped her make it), and then rinse it off with bucket after bucket of well water, and then everything got a good scrubbing outdoors, even the metal bed frames. My grandma was called "Tiny" but she was sure a powerful and determined woman.

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 12:14PM
marti8a

Wow, scrub the walls with sand???? My grandmother (born 1888) used the old motor oil from the car to polish her wood floors and keep bugs out. At least that's what mom said, but grandma was getting a little senile when mom & dad married so maybe she just picked that up later in life.

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 2:32PM
More Discussions
Moved in my smaller home today!!!!
Hello!! I just introduced myself this week; I'm the...
pinkpanther5
Tiny House Forum?
I like this forum- but I sometimes think that we could...
angiepangie
Who has blogs...can we see them?
I know there's some disappointment with the new format,...
lavender_lass
xpost interior storm windows
I posted this on the windows forum but not getting...
Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 6b
Pretty plates...XP Kitchen forum :)
I wanted to show you all my pretty plates I found online....
lavender_lass
Sponsored Products
Isabella Carafe
$139.00 | Horchow
K2 Modern Adjustable Barstools (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Kraus C-KCV-150-15101CH White Square Ceramic Sink and Typhon Basin Faucet - Chro
$259.95 | Hayneedle
Mirror Blocks Buffet Lamp
$369.00 | FRONTGATE
Hopson U-Chaise Sectional - Lucky Turquoise Blue
Joybird Furniture
I Scream, You Scream Wall Decor
$26.99 | Dot & Bo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™