I need your help with this...

paintingfoolMay 8, 2009

I am almost finished with this painting but I am stuck on what to do with the top. I need your ideas - should I just paint Welcome, or maybe Home Sweet Home,or what? I purchased this wood at Joann's Fabric but it was a little bigger than I wanted but I thought I could put something at the top. Now that I am looking at it I should have painted it horizontally, it would have looked better. Oh, well, too late now. So, tell me what you suggest.

B

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

I showed this to my DH since I always go to him for this type of suggestions on my own projects. He says Home Sweet Home stacked one on top of the other at the top.

I had thought Home Sweet Home also, but was thinking in a curve at the top and didn't think it would fit, so I have to agree with him.

It is just so beautiful, love how you have the scene inside the ring of flowers like that. And of course, I love the pastels shades of it all. Be sure to show us the finished product however you decide to do it, okay?

Luvs

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 12:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Bebe,
This is what I really like, a scene inside something. Wonderful job painting this spring looking scene. Love the pink in the clouds and water. Home Sweet Home, Memories Made Here, Love Lives Here, There's No Place Like Home, Faith, Family, Friends, Family Is Everything, Welcome To Our Home, Welcome or a pretty bow painted that comes down the sides a little could work if you didn't want to paint lettering. I'll stop here and can't wait to see what you come up with.

Thanks as always for sharing with us. Punk

Bookmark   May 9, 2009 at 12:24AM
More Discussions
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
Sponsored Products
Elegante Oil Rubbed Bronze Nine-Light Chandelier
$588.00 | Bellacor
Powell Glass Door Jewelry Armoire In White
Beyond Stores
Winter White Narrow Zig Zag Double Gourd Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Gothic Style Hand-Forged Iron Strap Hinge - Black Powder Coat
Signature Hardware
Floating Medallions Rug 9'6" x 13'6" - TURQUOISE
$1,459.00 | Horchow