Cute saying....

anjabeeMay 6, 2010

*Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Read this today and thought of everyone here and how we could all have the same pattern and every one would come out different. I love how each of you put a bit of your soul into your paintings! Ya'll have a wonderful day! ~Anj

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pezabelle

Anj...thank you for the quote and how right you are about us, we all have the same love of painting only different ideas on how we do it and thats what makes everyone so special!

Belle

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 12:43PM
paintingfool

I am a lover of "words" as much as painting. I have a notebook I keep my favorite sayings and quotes in. I even have the ones I want on my funeral program - I know, who really thinks like this - well, I like being prepared. So, I have all the instructions written down as to what I want - my husband says it is because I want to have the last word.

I love this quote and will add it to my blog. It is perfect for painters.

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 3:10PM
luvstocraft

Perfect quote. Part of the fun of painting is that the pictures and patterns are "guidelines" but we can each do our own thing to make them our own. Luvs

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 12:09AM
Vique_Pa

Painting fool, I can tell you who thinks like you do, ME. I made a pretty, long flannel gown in a champagne color trimmed in lace and a quilt to cover me up with for my funeral. I called the local casket company for the inside dimentions of an adult casket. I figure I am not going to a fancy ball so I don't need fancy clothes. I am going to sleep for awhile. Vique.

Bookmark   May 8, 2010 at 12:22PM
anjabee

Oh gosh!! Ya'll are funny! Guess that's not something I want to think about just yet! =D

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 7:54PM
phonegirl

Great quote you've shared Anj. This is so true.

Bebe and Vique, thanks for sharing your stories, made me laugh. I plan to make a video for all to share upon my death.LOL

Punk

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 9:05PM
More Discussions
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
New Free Pattern
Renee Mullins has a new free pattern to download at...
anjabee
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™