Another peek--99% finished

heidihausfrauMay 8, 2013

Hi GW folks! It has been crazy busy over here finishing up plus spring sports for the kiddos. I keep meaning to do before and afters, plus lots of different shots, but at night I just collapse in bed!

So here is my favorite shot so far--view from my bar stool to the new gas cooktop! So happy to have gas again! Sorry, not "staged" just finished dinner :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cathy725

What is your backsplash? it looks almost identical to what I chose. I keep meaning to post photos too, but with the reno things are just upside down and I don't have much time to spend uploading photos.

So far it looks fabulous!
Where did you get your black paper towel holder???

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:06PM
heidihausfrau

Cathy--my backsplash is travertine--I know lots of GW folks don't like it--but I think it is perfect!! And that paper towel holder is soooo old. I have had that thing forever! Sorry, not much help on that.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:12PM
rosie

Heidi, that is so handsome! I really like the way everything goes together. And the backsplash does look fabulous.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:35PM
cathy725

Heidi--I think we chose the same backsplash. Was it a claros silver from The Tile Shop?

Here's my brand new backsplash:

Look familiar??? Great minds think alike!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:40PM
cathy725

Yours may be more of a beige color, but I wasn't sure from the photo. I love mine too. It was difficult to find a color to go with my granite and cabinets--this worked the best.

I sealed it with 511 impregnator so hopefully it will hold up. When I tested it by spraying water on it, the water just beaded up!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:48PM
smaloney

It looks fantastic! I'd love to see more - as the owner of truly tiny kitchen, I'm curious how small your U shape is and how that functions. Congratulations on 99%!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 4:18PM
heidihausfrau

@Cathy--yes, it is from the Tile Shop (here in Michigan, if that matters--they may be a chain)

@smaloney--it has always been u-shaped, just now more functional and much prettier! I like a u-shaped kitchen myself. The kids are always at the peninsula since we took the uppers down and added stools. Works great for us!

@Rosie--thanks!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 6:34PM
cathy725

Heidi--sounds like we have similar kitchens! I have a u-shape also. I moved things around to make them more user friendly. I like it so far, although I've had to move things to different areas so I'm still turning to the wrong drawer before I catch myself! I just want to totally move back into my kitchen!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 10:34PM
More Discussions
Do upper super Susan shelves obstruct view?
The 42" tall upper corner cabinet was drilled...
tea4all
Granite Install Advice, Which Support System is Better?
Which of these two mechanical support systems would...
athomesewing
what's an acceptable level of "off"
cabinets are going in need to know what's ok with regard...
lmgch
Help needed with this beam!!!
We had part of a wall taken down in the kitchen &...
mark_rachel
Prep sink location
After a lot of talking on another thread, I took sena01...
Jennifer Weinman
Sponsored Products
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Hibiscus Garden Ruby 2 ft. 6 in.
Home Depot
Tessa Satin Nickel Six-Light Dome Pendant with Bicolor Orange/Pina Glass
Bellacor
Monarch 8.5 Foot Copper Diamond Rain Chain - 285004
$76.52 | Hayneedle
Dimensions Pendant by LBL Lighting
$484.00 | Lumens
Glass 16-ounce Goblets (Set of 4)
Overstock.com
Lou Wall Sconce by Eglo
$112.00 | Lumens
American Drew Jessica Mcclintock The Boutique Collection China Cabinet - White V
Hayneedle
Hunter Ceiling Fans Builder Elite 52 in. New Bronze Ceiling Fan 53242
$79.00 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™