Another peek--99% finished

heidihausfrauMay 8, 2013

Hi GW folks! It has been crazy busy over here finishing up plus spring sports for the kiddos. I keep meaning to do before and afters, plus lots of different shots, but at night I just collapse in bed!

So here is my favorite shot so far--view from my bar stool to the new gas cooktop! So happy to have gas again! Sorry, not "staged" just finished dinner :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cathy725

What is your backsplash? it looks almost identical to what I chose. I keep meaning to post photos too, but with the reno things are just upside down and I don't have much time to spend uploading photos.

So far it looks fabulous!
Where did you get your black paper towel holder???

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:06PM
heidihausfrau

Cathy--my backsplash is travertine--I know lots of GW folks don't like it--but I think it is perfect!! And that paper towel holder is soooo old. I have had that thing forever! Sorry, not much help on that.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:12PM
rosie

Heidi, that is so handsome! I really like the way everything goes together. And the backsplash does look fabulous.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:35PM
cathy725

Heidi--I think we chose the same backsplash. Was it a claros silver from The Tile Shop?

Here's my brand new backsplash:

Look familiar??? Great minds think alike!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:40PM
cathy725

Yours may be more of a beige color, but I wasn't sure from the photo. I love mine too. It was difficult to find a color to go with my granite and cabinets--this worked the best.

I sealed it with 511 impregnator so hopefully it will hold up. When I tested it by spraying water on it, the water just beaded up!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:48PM
smaloney

It looks fantastic! I'd love to see more - as the owner of truly tiny kitchen, I'm curious how small your U shape is and how that functions. Congratulations on 99%!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 4:18PM
heidihausfrau

@Cathy--yes, it is from the Tile Shop (here in Michigan, if that matters--they may be a chain)

@smaloney--it has always been u-shaped, just now more functional and much prettier! I like a u-shaped kitchen myself. The kids are always at the peninsula since we took the uppers down and added stools. Works great for us!

@Rosie--thanks!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 6:34PM
cathy725

Heidi--sounds like we have similar kitchens! I have a u-shape also. I moved things around to make them more user friendly. I like it so far, although I've had to move things to different areas so I'm still turning to the wrong drawer before I catch myself! I just want to totally move back into my kitchen!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 10:34PM
More Discussions
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Did they sell me a bad piece of soapstone?
Hello soapstone owners: I paid $1,400 (including installation)...
leavemeout
Corian Countertop -Show your pics!
Hi, I'm considering installing a corian countertop...
MercerM
Any regrets choosing dark hardwood floors?
I think dark hardwood floors look beautiful with off...
peemps
How best to trick this space out as a pantry?
Hi all. I currently have a roomy walk-in pantry (4'...
jenmendel23
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™